AntiVirus App for Android OS

Android is an operating system based on Linux which is virus free.But there are lots of antivirus apps for android. Do we really need antivirus app on android ?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Its just a eyewashing work and I dont believe in it.I had never heard any of my friends smartphone details corrupted or affected by virus.Its just a waste of memory in RAM.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Linux is not virus proof.
    Virus is a malicious program with access your data or modify in unintended way.
    If you don't have android 4.3, you probably don't know which app is accessing your private data, contact and sms.
    If any app is reading your sms without your knowledge, it fall into virus category.
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    Anoop Kumar
    Linux is not virus proof.
    Virus is a malicious program with access your data or modify in unintended way.
    If you don't have android 4.3, you probably don't know which app is accessing your private data, contact and sms.
    If any app is reading your sms without your knowledge, it fall into virus category.
    Thank you for the information.But does that mean that the private data in the mobiles with android versions previous to 4.3 is not that safe? And can we be able to know which app is accessing our private data in 4.3 ? If so , please tell me how?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I think no one of us read app access while installing. We just install them and use them.
    Apparently there was no implementation in stock android to restrict an app to read app data after installing.
    Also few apps not even mention in T&C and later try to access those data.
    If a app saying it can read your contact then assume that they have total access to your phone book and uploading on their servers.
    In android 4.3+ you can restrict any app to read your private data using feature Privacy Guard.
    I see that antivirus detects the unusual activity of application/spam messages and files and block them.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My areas include: Java, C/C++, Python. I want to do my major project and need ideas for web development projects. I have thought of providing live demo online of applications...
Oplus India and online retail store Snapdeal collaborate to launch Oplus XonPad 7, the company's first ever tablet in India. The device is only available with Snapdeal for a price...
A story is best when read and felt, and it's even better if you could smell the pages on which your favorite characters have been sketched upon. A few bookworm...
Here is an interesting article on TATAs from 'the Engineer' magazine (UK): https://www.theengineer.co.uk/opinion/comment/tata-for-now/1017770.article?cmpid=tenews_92384
with factorial(n,fact)as ( select 2,cast(2 asfloat) union all select n+1,(n+1)*fact from factorial where n<50 ) select n,fact from factorial