ANTI-POLLUTANT HYBRID MOTORIZED BIKE

Project Abstract / Summary : Nowadays non renewable energy sources are being destroyed, due to more consumption of fossil fuels for automobiles. Hence to reduce the consumption of fuel we are moving to the alternative sources for running the vehicles.

The face of the automotive industry is being reshaped by concerns for over oil supplies, international policy and fuel cost. A wide variety of hybrid technologies are now available including discussion of hydrogen possibilities. The hybrid powered vehicles are one of the oldest alternative energy vehicles, has many applications on emerging electric vehicle market.

Electric energy is a non- polluting and more efficient energy. Electrical energy is available in plenty from our natural sources, which are the renewable energy resources. Using these renewable energy sources, we can run a vehicle with reduced fuel consumption.

In our project we are using a hybrid vehicle system, which is combination of following sources:

i) Plug-in electric power

ii) Wind energy

iii) Motor-Generator set

Using these three additional sources we can reduce the fuel consumption in automobiles.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : As there is a rapid increase in the cost of non renewable fuel,we thought of constructing such a vehicle which run with renewable fuel.
it has the following advantages:
• Fuel consumption is reduced.
• Pollution is very low compared to ordinary vehicles.
• Low maintenance cost and low running cost.
• Problems during running are reduced and easy for operating.
• Compact and withstand high load.
• Eco friendly in nature.
The aspects of the design of a hybrid vehicle with various alternative sources such as solar wind energy, plug-in power source and MG set power makes a hybrid electric vehicle to run successfully. In our project, the vehicle runs as an electric vehicle with the hybrid sources. This produced energy is to charge the batteries in order to run the electric vehicle.
In an ordinary petrol engine vehicle, which we come across daily has fuel efficiency of 40km at an average speed of 60km/hr.
In our proposed system, it is achieved to travel up to a distance of 60km at an average speed of 40km/hr and this is because of using high capacity BLDC motor with proper charging sources producing high efficiency output.
Thereby using the dc machines, they are efficient for withstanding high load with reduced emission level. Using the SLA (or) VRLA batteries led to some of the utilization and observation increased efficiency and reduced cost values.
The obtained results on experimental trials of the energy system the tests carried out over wind turbine, batteries, electrical, electronic and mechanical systems are satisfactory for the possible improvements of hybrid electric vehicle.

Project Category : Mechanical / Automobile / Aeronautical
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: IFET COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
City: VILLUPURAM
State: TAMIL NADU
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Admit it or not, but the Chinese brand Xiaomi has taken over the gadget arena in India by storm. One of its popular products in recent times has been the...
I am in a great dilemma to decide in which domain i need to do my final year project. I'm already in my8th semester and I hardly have 3 months...
Project Abstract / Summary : The braking in trains is a heavy process and also it requires more power and takes long distance to stop itself. There is lot of...
Project Abstract / Summary : The Gravity power mechanism is, when a weight moves down from higher potential to lower potential this potential energy is converted into kinetic energy, and...
Project Abstract / Summary : Permanent magnet brushless machines are extensively used for servo derives, ship propulsion systems, traction drives, computer, automatic office machine, robots for automation of manufactory, drives...