ansys ls dyna

i have finished modeling and meshing of a cricket ball impacting a bat on Ansys LS Dyna. the solver runs properly, but when i read the results using post processor, it tells that there are no data set files written...
what may be wrong with what i did???

Replies

• shaktivesh
    shaktivesh
    Dude, I'm also facing same problem if you found any solution please tell me, I'm stuck here in my project due to this error "no data sets on file".
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Hey for that you got to enter the values of young's modulus and poison's ratio for the material of the cricket ball. check if you have done that.

This process is done prior to modeling and meshing, using the "material models" option.
  • shaktivesh
    shaktivesh
    Ya, I've defined material model for both target and projectile. I've followed one tutorial given by Ansys "Container is falling onto the floor". Still it show error "no data sets on file" and then show "Load set not found on result file XYZ.rst".
    I don't know how to rectify it.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Than maybe you need to recheck your meshing and the the load setting(displacement).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

my project... signal processing toolbox filter design toolbox communication toolbox or state chart -state flow toolbox help -demo-select example
Introduction PraveenTech Contacts is a Web Application written in PHP and uses MySQL Database, for storing and managing contacts. It features with a clean and simple user interface and a...
Whatever your view, the Cloud is here and it's changing everything. You can find it explained in many places, but if you really want to know about the Cloud, listen...
i confused abt which field is suitable for me after doing my be in mechanical from mumbai university
I want to start debate as to what should we choose, good design or a safe design? A good design may be better in terms of economy. But as far...