Answer this puzzle?

a man has two cubes on his desk. every day he arranges both cubes so that the front faces show the current day of the month. what numbers are on the faces of the cubes to allow this? 🎉

Replies

• Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    On the first one 0,1,2,3,5,7 and on the 2nd one 0,1,2,4,6,8.

Am i correct??
  • vinsocorp
    vinsocorp
    Mohit its a good try. think how u show 9,19,29.one clue: one digit number u can show it by single cube,another cube is eliminated.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Well, there are atmost 31 days in a month. So, till 31, there are 2 numbers which have repeated digits - 11 and 22.

So, both the cubes must have 1 and 2, or they cant display 11 and 22.

So, there ia 1 and 2 in both cubes. There are 8 digits remaining (3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0)
    There are eight sides remaining in the two cubes, totally..

Hence, the remaining 8 digits can be filled in any manner in the remaining sides..

For example,
    1 2 3 4 5 6 for the first cube,
    1 2 7 8 9 0 for the second is a possibility.

Or, 1 2 4 6 8 0 for first,
    1 2 3 5 7 9 for second

etc.. Any combination of the above will be fine, as long as both cubes have 1 and 2..
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    vinsocorp
    Mohit its a good try. think how u show 9,19,29.
    For 9
    0 and reverse of 6
    for 19
    1 and reverse of 6
    for 29
    2 and reverse of 6.
    vinsocorp
    one clue: one digit number u can show it by single cube,another cube is eliminated.
    You doesn't mentioned this in question.
    And i tell you that it's a vary simle question when you alow for the above quotes.
    To make a question standard you have to reduce the probablity of finding a answer.
  • vinsocorp
    vinsocorp
    Mohit u r very well in solving puzzles.here after i maintain standards in my question. ......what u doing...
  • marustech
    marustech
    very good .. but how we get 7,8,9 separateiy
  • marustech
    marustech
    great thinking
  • learner
    learner
    we can also do this sequence
    1st cube: 1,2,3,6,4 2nd cube: 0,1,2,5,7,8
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    silverscorpion
    Well, there are atmost 31 days in a month. So, till 31, there are 2 numbers which have repeated digits - 11 and 22.

So, both the cubes must have 1 and 2, or they cant display 11 and 22.

So, there ia 1 and 2 in both cubes. There are 8 digits remaining (3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0)
    There are eight sides remaining in the two cubes, totally..

Hence, the remaining 8 digits can be filled in any manner in the remaining sides..

For example,
    1 2 3 4 5 6 for the first cube,
    1 2 7 8 9 0 for the second is a possibility.

Or, 1 2 4 6 8 0 for first,
    1 2 3 5 7 9 for second

etc.. Any combination of the above will be fine, as long as both cubes have 1 and 2..

This is the straight forward simple answer!!

😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

So, as goes with most of Google products, Google wave is officially dead - no one uses it anymore because no one understood it 😒 Google mentions on its official...
...PRINCE2® Practitioners given exemption on subject matters which they have already covered... Thursday 5th August 2010 - ILX Group plc, the best practice training company, today announced a new fast...
Hi, I have completed C last year and now starting studing C++. Can anyone help me please..😕
A bespoke filtration solution jointly developed by major oil industry chemical supplier, Champion Technologies, together with 3M’s Oil & Gas business, has significantly reduced the potential risk of blockage in...

Hi

Hi Everybody! I'm yunus reha,ı'm study electrical electronical engeneering in Turkey.