Another Lytro Like Camera Module For The Smartphone Developed

A couple of years ago, the Lytro camera took all the glory with its refocusing capabilities. Since, then developers and manufacturers have been researching on how to bring this wonderful technology in smartphones.

Recently, a Lytro like camera module has been produced by a California based company DigitalOptics, and they are calling it the 'Mems|Cam'. The module allows you to take a single image with multiple focus points, to tap into your touchscreen where you want to refocus your image. It is built using a MicroElectricalMechanical Silicon system (MEMS). The module is pretty light in weight and energy conserving,and also smaller and thinner compared to other traditional modules and hence can be packed into a smartphone not less than 5.1 mm in thickness.
[​IMG]
Other OEMs have been trying upgrade their smartphone camera quality, with Nokia's PureView and HTC'sUltraPixels, and with Toshiba too developing another similar module. DigitalOptics displayed their camera module at the Mobile World Congress this year.

Source: This camera module turns your next smartphone into a Lytro | Digital Trends

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Indian Government isn't ready to take a step back and allow the Canadian phone giant Blackberry to operate in its own way. Indian Government has made it clear that if...
hi ceans ,whenever i boot my laptop i receive an error message saying tfght is compressed .i don't have the installation disk nor do i have the recovery disk ....
I am Register for Asst. Central Intelligent Officer Exam can anybody give some details about that exam.......!
Why The Generator Rating Is In kVA & Of Motor In kW??
Lava international, one of the budget tablet makers in India has launched brand new eTab Connect Z7C tablet at an attractive price of Rs. 9499. The tablet features a 7"...