Annoying Hacker Pain...

My friend on Windows Live Messenger has been the victim of a hacker.

He has had his account stolen and has been locked out of it. This hacker has then been saying disturbing things in the guise of him. My friend made a new account but the hacker stole that one as well!

We want this guy out of our lives. Is there a way to stop this guy or figure out what's going on?

Thanks heaps! 😁

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The similar hack was experienced on Yahoo Messenger few months ago. The hacker might have sent an attachment/file that has installed a service on your friend's Windows machine. Whenever you friend types in his new userid/password to login to Windows Live, the service secretly sends it to the hacker.

Can you check your task manager (Task Bar Rt. Click -> Task Manger ) and check out the processes tab for any unwanted processes running?

There are few solutions -

1. Enable Windows Firewall on your friend's PC.
    2. Get a freeware Antivirus ( AVAST is good choice )
    3. Format your friend's PC, reinstall latest version of all software and never open any attachment/file received from untrusted source.

One has to be extremely careful while opening attachments. If your friend's PC is infected, the virus/hacker may send the infected files to you using your friend's email program.

Let's see what others have to say about this issue.

-The Big K-
  • LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    Before implementing Big K process, do these preliminary steps.

1)Turn of System restore
    2)Always scan for viruses in safe mode.

I hope this will help.
  • EGYSHIMO
    EGYSHIMO
    i've an e-mail on yahoo and it was solen can i resore it??? altough the hacker changed its information??
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    EGYSHIMO
    i've an e-mail on yahoo and it was solen can i resore it??? altough the hacker changed its information??
    No, you can't.
  • aashima
    aashima
    The Last Saxon
    My friend on Windows Live Messenger has been the victim of a hacker.

He has had his account stolen and has been locked out of it. This hacker has then been saying disturbing things in the guise of him. My friend made a new account but the hacker stole that one as well!

We want this guy out of our lives. Is there a way to stop this guy or figure out what's going on?

Thanks heaps! 😁
    Thats a peculiar problem. Hacking can be done in numerous ways. The basic one includes filling in the forgot password form if one knows about the person already. So try not to give in your correct details. If that doesn't really helps, perhaps some software techie person can only solve out.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

syn motor started as induction motor. In rotor circuit emf is induced which is Ac. now when DC supply given to rotor then what happened ?
Hi guys we are building a robot that is going 2 be a goal blocking robot, we are going through a competition that we have 2 block the opponent team...
Hey, I'm Kernel32, yes the famous windows kernel evrybody likes in W98. It's old but I grow with it and made me famous in my school. Trade: futur engineer in...
Hey CEans, do you have any idea about how we are obtaining polychloroprene sheets for wet suits (or neoprene) after having made the polymer? I have found a website that...
A lot of wait and finally an interview The questions were many and answers were few When intro and all were skipped I knew I was gonna be ripped when...