Android Wear likely to get speaker and call support at Google I/O

Google's Android Wear platform, meant for the wearable gadgets, is likely to get support for speakers support and on-watch phone calling. Google may announce this feature at the upcoming Google I/O 2015 @ California - May 28, 29; Only For The Lucky Ones conference scheduled on 28, 29 May. The insider information comes from well-connected Artem Russakovskii who wrote on his #-Link-Snipped-# that Google is planning to provide a boost to the Wear platform with speakers and on-watch phone calling support.

At present, the gadgets using Android Wear do not have the ability to make phone calls as there's no in-built speaker. With Android Wear adding support; we can see upcoming smart-watches equipped with speakers so that the user can make calls right from the watch itself.

The addition of speakers would also allow the developers to add audible notifications. For example, if there's a new message on WhatsApp or a new text; user may choose to get an audible notification combined with vibration.

Android-Wear-Calling-Speaker

We'd like to ask all our readers about their opinion on making and receiving phone calls right from their smartwatch. Do you think the smartwatches are the new smartphones?

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Suzuki introduced its compact car 'Celerio' in UK in February this year and it has so far been widely received in the country. The company recently revealed that they have...
Samsung isn't the only one to think that to match their own kick ass hardware, they need their own software. Huawei, the Chinese Networking & Telecom MNC, is reportedly working...
For years, big internet players have put their platforms for helping businesses grow by letting them reach their target audience via various modes and made millions in the process. Facebook...
A few companies have introduced the 'Video Synthesis Test' round to their recruitment process. For instance, Mu Sigma conducts this test as a part of their selection process. A lot...
If you come across a beautiful quote worth sharing, please share it in replies below. Here are two quotes I found worth sharing. "If an egg is broken by outside...