Android Support For Livescribe 3 Smartpen Announced At CES 2015

The smartpen and dot paper manufacturer Livescribe Inc, has announced Livescribe 3 smartpen that will support Android devices from this year at CES 2015. The premium writing instrument, which looks like a traditional ballpoint pen, is paired with Livescribe+ app (available only for iOS devices) in order to display the written matter of dot paper on iPhone or iPad. But, now after the smartpen's launch in October 2013, the Android version of Livescribe+ app will be released for selective Android devices such as smartphones or tablets with KitKat v4.4 or Lollipop 5.0 OS.

Pen

Let’s have a look at the technical specifications, Livescribe 3 smartpen is powered by ARM 9 processor and rechargeable lithium ion (non-removable) battery. For charging the pen, users need to connect it to their computer via micro-USB cable. After charging the smartpen, it will work for up to 14 hours. It weighs 34 grams and has dimensions of 162.0 X 14.9 mm. The ballpoint ink cartridge used for writing is made up of tungsten-carbide. Sporting high speed infrared camera, the smartpen also features Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) support, LED status light and integrated stylus cap.

smart

The smartpen works by writing notes on dot paper which are then reflected on the app via Bluetooth. With the help of this app, the users can create tasks, reminders, calendar events, new contacts and more by using handwritten notes. The written notes can also be searched, tagged and converted into text. In addition to the list, it can also be used to create PDFs.

At the CES event, Gilles Bouchard, CEO of Livescribe, mentioned in a statement that they are adding new features to Livescribe+ for iOS and extending its compatibility to Android devices through partnerships with Moleskine, Evernote, Microsoft and Fluid Touch.

The following video will help to get the clear idea of how the Livescribe 3 smartpen works.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I just wanted to ask that why are the algorithms not being compared on the basis of number of statements they have ,why only input size is taken into consideration....
The ASUS press event at CES 2015 began with the unveiling of the second generation of its ZenFone range of Android smartphones. The ASUS Zenfone 2 and ZenFone Zoom are...
I get this pop-up : I want to disable it, so I added following lines in user pref : But still that update thingy is popping. Anyway to stop that...
It's CES time and as expected, innovations have been pouring in from all sides. Japanese electronics MNC and a household name when it comes to televisions, Panasonic is not staying...
At CES 2015, the Japanese manufacturer Toshiba has introduced the new Encore 2 Write tablets. The 8-inch and 10.1-inch tablets are priced at $350 and $400 respectively and both sport...