Android Projects For Final Year

I have some ideas, such as these:
  • Android-based Prescription Viewer Application
  • Children Tracking System Using Bluetooth MANET Composed of Android Mobile Terminals
  • Network-Assisted Mobile Computing with Optimal Uplink Query Processing
  • A Personalized Mobile Search Engine (PMSE)
  • Authentication Schemes for Session Passwords using Color and Images by Android
  • Android Suburban Railway Ticketing with GPS as Ticket Checker
  • Android System Design and Implementation for Telemetric Services
  • Automatic Brightness Control of the Hand-held Device Display with Low Illumination
  • Network Behavior Analysis For Android Malware Detection
  • Distributed Web Systems Performance Forecasting Using Turning Bands Method
please suggest some more projects on android for final year.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ROHAN KAPOOR
    please suggest some projects on android for final year.
    Looking to develop an App or extend the android OS?
  • ROHAN KAPOOR
    ROHAN KAPOOR
    To develop an application.... i have no idea on extending the android OS
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Rohan, you can start with the book Android Application Development for Dummies, #-Link-Snipped-#.

The Developer's Guide by Android is also great. You can check it out at Developer Guides  |  Android Developers.

Android Application Development introduces this programming environment, and offers you a complete working example that demonstrates Android architectural features and APIs. With this book, you will get a complete introduction to the Android programming environment, architecture, and tools, build a modular application, beginning with a core module that serves to launch modules added in subsequent chapters, learn the concepts and architecture of a specific feature set, including views, maps, location-based services, persistent data storage, 2D and 3D graphics, media services, telephony services, and messaging...
    Amazon.com
  • ROHAN KAPOOR
    ROHAN KAPOOR
    thank you sir 😀
    Besides, these books give a good idea about Android Development and they have many set of example projects. These projects will help you out in creating your own project idea. For instance, you can do this. Since Android is kinda new, you can check out the products in other platforms like Java Mobile and try to implement them in Android. What do you say?
  • Reya
    Reya
    Online Android training classes to build better android applications!Incase if you intend to build robust applications.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • ROHAN KAPOOR
    ROHAN KAPOOR
    yes sir .. java mobile applications had a wide range.. i will look for it and will go through this book..and any soon i will come up with my project title...
    ROHAN KAPOOR
    yes sir .. java mobile applications had a wide range.. i will look for it and will go through this book..and any soon i will come up with my project title...
    That's the spirit buddy! 😀
    Reya
    Online Android training classes to build better android applications!Incase if you intend to build robust applications.

#-Link-Snipped-#
    That looks good Reya!!! 😛
    Rohan, this link is especially for you. I searched and got this... 😀
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    This is one of the widest range of doable list of Android project for final year students
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • ROHAN KAPOOR
    ROHAN KAPOOR
    sir i have thought about one application... SPY APP...which will track the calls and msg logs of the sim ...without the sim user knowing it.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    ROHAN KAPOOR
    sir i have thought about one application... SPY APP...which will track the calls and msg logs of the sim ...without the sim user knowing it.
    go for it.......... whats the application?
  • ROHAN KAPOOR
    ROHAN KAPOOR
    THE APPLICATION is a an spy application...
    which will track and keep the records of the call logs and msg logs of another sim without the owner of sim knowing it...
    it will give the log of call log and msg log of sim.
  • ROHAN KAPOOR
    ROHAN KAPOOR
    sir, how can i track the msg logs,call logs of a mobile number...
    i m working on a project which will track the msg,call,logs and the gps location of a number...
  • ROHAN KAPOOR
    ROHAN KAPOOR
    sir, i want to retrieve the sms log [sms body,sender,receiver,time and date] in android...
    plz help me...
  • ROHAN KAPOOR
    ROHAN KAPOOR
    sir, i am sending the arraylist from android phone to server (wamp) using php.

03-04 12:46:54.588: I/System.out(477): calldata arraylist contents[tot_records=14, customer_id=abcd, phnumber=253647, type=OUTGOING, date=1/27/12 2:50:17 PM, duration=11, phnumber=456987, type=OUTGOING, date=1/27/12 3:41:02 PM, duration=9, phnumber=5554, type=OUTGOING, date=1/27/12 4:05:42 PM, duration=14]

this is the contents of arraylist.
    but it is inserting only last record
    phnumber=5554, type=OUTGOING, date=1/27/12 4:05:42 PM, duration=14
    please help me.

this is my php file

$con=mysql_connect("localhost","root","");
    echo $con;
    if(!con)
    {
    echo 'Not Connected......';
    }
    else
    {
    echo 'CONNECTED.............';
    }
    $db=mysql_select_db('serverdb',$con);
    echo $db;
    if($db)
    {
    // return true;
    echo "connection established";
    }
    else
    { echo "not connect";
    }
    $tot_records = $_POST["tot_records"];

$customer_id = $_POST["customer_id"];

$number = $_POST["phnumber"];
    $type = $_POST["type"];
    $date = $_POST["date"];
    $duration = $_POST["duration"];

$query = "INSERT INTO calllogdb (number,type,date,duration) VALUES (' $number' ,'$type','$date' ,'$duration' )";
    $insert_result = mysql_query($query);

if($insert_result)
    {
    echo 'New Record Added !!';
    }

?>
  • karthick v
    karthick v
    Hello to all... i would like to do some projects in android by interfacing it with some other peripheral devices..
  • hardik kacha
    hardik kacha
    hi i want to one example of like pdf open in my activity inbuilt project not use sdcard
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    A lot of queries here are left unanswered. Any computer science or IT engineers here who can help?
  • asokfair Ra
    asokfair Ra
    Checkout this -> Smart LED control
  • Anuj Singh
    Anuj Singh
    ROHAN KAPOOR
    sir, i am sending the arraylist from android phone to server (wamp) using php.

03-04 12:46:54.588: I/System.out(477): calldata arraylist contents[tot_records=14, customer_id=abcd, phnumber=253647, type=OUTGOING, date=1/27/12 2:50:17 PM, duration=11, phnumber=456987, type=OUTGOING, date=1/27/12 3:41:02 PM, duration=9, phnumber=5554, type=OUTGOING, date=1/27/12 4:05:42 PM, duration=14]

this is the contents of arraylist.
    but it is inserting only last record
    phnumber=5554, type=OUTGOING, date=1/27/12 4:05:42 PM, duration=14
    please help me.

this is my php file

$con=mysql_connect("localhost","root","");
    echo $con;
    if(!con)
    {
    echo 'Not Connected......';
    }
    else
    {
    echo 'CONNECTED.............';
    }
    $db=mysql_select_db('serverdb',$con);
    echo $db;
    if($db)
    {
    // return true;
    echo "connection established";
    }
    else
    { echo "not connect";
    }
    $tot_records = $_POST["tot_records"];

$customer_id = $_POST["customer_id"];

$number = $_POST["phnumber"];
    $type = $_POST["type"];
    $date = $_POST["date"];
    $duration = $_POST["duration"];

$query = "INSERT INTO calllogdb (number,type,date,duration) VALUES (' $number' ,'$type','$date' ,'$duration' )";
    $insert_result = mysql_query($query);

if($insert_result)
    {
    echo 'New Record Added !!';
    }

?>
    Hi Rohan,
    The php code is trying to insert even if no connection is established. Use die() or exit() to end.
  • Suraj Patil
    Suraj Patil
    Create an android app to solve some problem, for instance when I was in college we didn't have an app for checking the time table, students had to write the timetable on their notebooks and later when camera equipped cellphones came they took snapshots of the timetable, the problem I had faced was I am a photographer, and there were a thousand pics I had clicked after taking the pic of the timetable, so I created an android app for timetable.

While choosing a project for your college please don't do the stupid projects like student management system, it is a really silly project if done in HTML and PHP.

Create something that will break the tradition, if you use android phone then create some app like Timely bitspin.ch, that app changed the way we set alarms, who would have thought that the alarms that you have will be synced across devices!

Google recently acquired the company, the company has only one app.

So while brainstorming for your project, which I urge you to do, see for problems around you and create software to solve the problem, don't create a software then try to justify the problem that it solves, if you do it right then you can even start a company on it.
  • asokfair Ra
    asokfair Ra
    IOT Device Control using Android App
  • nabeela qazi
    nabeela qazi
    i have to do my final year project please suggest me some good ideas as soon as possiable thnx
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    nabeela qazi
    i have to do my final year project please suggest me some good ideas as soon as possiable thnx
    Please go through all the ideas presented in the posts in this discussion. Do not ask for new ideas. Instead give us something to help you with, by sharing your own ideas - which we can say are plausible or not. If you want new ideas, please narrow the domain by asking for a specific kind of app ideas. No one can conjure up ideas out of thin air like a genie.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think we have to share more ideas here. So, here are some topics that can be used as a theme to create new android apps for final year project.

(Do understand that these are just rough ideas, you can brainstorm upon them and come up with something totally much more brilliant.)

1. Android App to assess mood of user and suggest things to do.

Whenever an user is feeling down, he can just open the app and select his/her current mood. Sad, Happy, Depressed, Frustrated etc. Depending on what user chooses, the app can make suggestions like: Play these songs, or play this game, or watch this video or go for a walk or something like that. People love using such pass-time apps.

2. Android app for easy at home diagnosis for basic illnesses.

User will be asked a series of questions, such as: Which area of the body he is feeling discomfort? What exactly is happening: sore, hit, acne, pain, itchiness etc. Keep asking questions till your algorithm hints at the possible illness. This can help users take home at-home remedies for cure if the doctor is inaccessible. Developers can get together with a good doctor in there area to collaborate on the factual information for diagnosis.

3. Fitness planner android app.

This will be an app for overall fitness that gives you inputs from fitness experts or lets you plan your own diet and fitness regime. The app gives you points for motivation and also daily reminders and check marks so that you can keep track and complete your fitness goals.

4. House area to price calculator or predictor.

This app will let you input the sq.ft. area for a house and the rate per square feet so that it can give you the exact price of that house or property. You can create a database and show results on your own or let user. You can also make the app predict the price of an up-and-coming property in your area based on the surrounding property's prices and other such factors.

5. Definitions for technical terms

This app will let the user search and locally store definitions for technical terms. This can helps users who are studying or have on-the-field jobs to immediately get what they are looking for. The definition shouldn't be more than one sentence in length. So, it will be like a quick summary of a big topics.

6. One-to-one and group chat via Bluetooth

Users sitting in one room need not always have WiFi or mobile data to connect. So, there has to be an app where both android phones have bluetooth switched on and they can exchange messages within the room.

7. Make your smartphone a joystick for playing PC games.

The android app will be able to control the PC keyboard functions so that a game can be played via an android phone for joystick like experience from within the app.

If I come up with more ideas, I will post them below. I invite you all to share your own ideas for android based final year projects.
  • jamshaid Afzal
    jamshaid Afzal
    Any innovative idea for the software Engineering project??? like Android Application or Web designing simple project!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    jamshaid Afzal
    Any innovative idea for the software Engineering project??? like Android Application or Web designing simple project!!
    Well, for a web designing project; you may try to replicate Twitter that can be installed on local servers and run from there. I'm sure a lot of small teams would find that useful.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

frnds.. we are planning to conduct a national level technical symposium for the first time in our college.. and i am the organizer of this fest .. so can anybody...
I heard that people ever tried the constant-volume combustion type gas turbine engines many years ago and gave up later. I think the reason is that the engine was heavy...
Literati is a technical fest organized by NIT Kurukshetra that grows larger every year. Literati 2012 represents the culmination of science, engineering and path-breaking technology. It not only helps you...
Petrovision is a technocratic event organized by the Society of Petroleum Technologists, Department of Chemical Engineering, Alagappa College of Technology. It provides a platform for budding technologists and engineers to...
I am planning to buy powerway 6 months by hathway in mumbai.........anyone ,,ny reviews abt hathway and its service?