Android App Development With C, C++?

I'm wondering if Google's just announced that developers will be able to develop Android Apps using C and C++ programming languages in addition to Java. Is this true or has C, C++ support always been there?

PS: Sorry, have no clue about android app development. Would love to know.

Replies

• Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm wondering if Google's just announced that developers will be able to develop Android Apps using C and C++ programming languages in addition to Java. Is this true or has C, C++ support always been there?

PS: Sorry, have no clue about android app development. Would love to know.
    Its new!
    Till date everyone was doing it in java
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Well AFAIK, you can (you were able to?) use Android NDK to code Performance critical apps & games,which are literally coded natively using NDK(some portions).

Also not everything can be done using NDK, it was pretty much not possible to develop entire app with NDK.

Maybe now as you say, Google introduced feature with which one can develop entire app with C/C++ which is uber cool.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Good to know that it's a new thing. Will try downloading the Android Studio and try developing soon. Time's actually running a lot faster these days 😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The most awaited annual software developer’s conference Google I/O has begun and many major updates have been announced by Google. The most important of those updates are as follows. Google...
Keeping with the tradition, Google's calling the new version of Android as 'Android M'. Google's always named their major android upgrade after a sweet dish. Let's take a quick look...
Basking in the glory of its previous Unite 2 Android phone which sold , Micromax has unveiled a new smartphone called 'Micromax Unite 3' which hopes to set itself apart...
Engineers are an aging lot. People prefer more lucrative careers. Quote: Growing up I wanted to be Peter Parker. From his sense of responsibility to his sarcastic wit, I wanted...
Quote: Computer-aided design (CAD) is an essential tool for modern engineers who work in a variety of professional fields. As companies head toward cloud-based computing solutions and the Internet of...