Anagrams which fully describe the original word/phrase

Anagrams are words which are produced by rearranging the letters of the first word. Sometimes interesting things result.
The anagram of U N I T E is its opposite U N T I E !
Here is a set of anagrams which are complete descriptions of the original word/phrase:

PRESBYTERIAN: rearranged: BEST IN PRAYER
ASTRONOMER: rearranged: MOON STARER

DESPERATION: rearranged: A ROPE ENDS IT

THE EYES: rearranged: THEY SEE

GEORGE BUSH: rearranged: HE BUGS GORE

THE MORSE CODE : rearranged: HERE COME DOTS
DORMITORY: rearranged: DIRTY ROOM
SLOT MACHINES: rearranged: CASH LOST IN ME

ANIMOSITY: rearranged: IS NO AMITY

ELECTION RESULTS: rearranged: LIES - LET'S RECOUNT

SNOOZE ALARMS : rearranged: ALAS ! NO MORE Z'S
A DECIMAL POINT: rearranged: I'M A DOT IN PLACE

THE EARTHQUAKES: rearranged:THAT QUEER SHAKE
ELEVEN PLUS TWO: rearranged: TWELVE PLUS ONE

AND FOR THE GRAND FINALE:MOTHER-IN-LAW: rearranged: WOMAN HITLER

Replies

• sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    The grand finale took the whole scene sir...😁
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Sir don't tell me that you also had the last one as an issue
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The last one, poor thing is having dementia. She lives with us. She does not remember me and tells that she has seen me from the time of her daughter's wedding. I wear shorts to work in the garden. She will say, the watchman has come but he has become old. When I do my evening aerobics she asks,'who is this jumping like a monkey?'. There is no end to the variations. She is consistent though, in never mistaking me for myself.
    My wife is mistaken for her childhood friend, who was two years older and passed away long back.
    A very wayward Hitler, if you ask me.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Sorry sir never meant to hurt you with my words even in my mind sorry
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Conqueror
    Sorry sir never meant to hurt you with my words even in my mind sorry
    Come on man, how did that hurt? It is all fun. At home we all have fun at all that happens. My mother-in-law is otherwise quite fine and has a good time too with us all.

Perish the thought that your words were even remotely off. I hugely enjoyed the question.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    bioramani
    Come on man, how did that hurt? It is all fun. At home we all have fun at all that happens. My mother is otherwise quite fine and has a good time too with us all.

Perish the thought that your words were even remotely off. I hugely enjoyed the question.
    Not all like that I had a tough time to clear this question in a family get together .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Looks like most of the CEans have updated their profile pics. I look forward to seeing all our CEans using their real head-shots. If you want to add a few...
I was always fascinated by nail-and-thread pictures, patterns made by the bob of compound pendulums and magnetic lines of force as revealed by iron dust. I found this interesting item...
Since most of these are structural entities, this may be the best category to place this. These seven engineering innovations are marvellous. https://www.popsci.com/bown/2012/gallery/gallery-best-whats-new-engineering-2012
For CEans in India, who may want to do higher studies abroad this may be an opportunity: https://intoday.maileclipse.com/intodaypromo/vm.php?m=5690&u=82da97904ed4d162a8efadf4196baad5
Things do move fast in this 'mobile' world. Scientists from the University of Warwick, in collaboration with spin-out company Molecular Solar, have come up with a new spin on solar...