an inclined plane problem............

there is an inclined plane at 45 degree.........
a ball falls from height h on the inclined plane at a distance x from ground.........
question is, what should be the ratio between h and x so that the horizontal distance travelled by the ball is maximum.......

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Is the answer 1/(root 2) ?
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    I think you're right about that ishu. xsin45deg.=h, then (x/h)= (1/sin 45). Therefore, the ratio between x and h is (1/sq.rt of 2)
  • slugger
    slugger
    errrr.....posted here by mistake

my bad

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I recently saw a program in nat geo and those guys were producing eletricty from magnets. they took a magenet attached it to a box so that the magnet can...
India Against Corruption Had the Rs. 176,700 crores not been squandered in the 2G Scam, our country would now have enough revenue to wipe out half the fiscal deficit of...
Unconditionally and irrevocably i fall in love with CE. NO Exudes.. ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Hello everyone, I'm Harisuddin and currently lived in Malaysia. Finished my study in Mechanical Engineering. I'm 23 years old. Just starting my career as Maintenance Engineer. Absolutely new in engineering...
How to connect an RFID reader to a computer(database) through wireless(RF communication)? I have a project and i need to learn how to connect an RFID reader to a (database)computer...