An idea to reduce the knocking in internal combusion engines...

In season of rain due to heavy moisture in air, i.c. engine run smooth with LESS KNOCKING and feels good.
I think if we set a device with air filter to put it wet with calculated amount of water to maintain the % of moisture in air(sucked by engine) in other(summer) season as it is in rainy days,would surely help to reduce the knocking in other season.
By the way this would not effect much in performance but feels good to drive.

IS THIS POSSIBLE OR HELPFUL ?

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    In a way it would be possible. however we still have to take care of one thing : corrosion of cylinder walls due to the moisture present.
  • tushhar
    tushhar
    It Can be reduce by mixing ethenol .
    i want to know mechanicaly how to construct that device which whold spray water very slowly .
    And how to collect the datas of moisture in the air
    I want to test this myself on my bike
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    I suggest you use a carburetor to inject atomized water into the intake manifold. I would ask you to look into variable valve timing and to inject water into the cylinder during its suction stroke, where it would have the added advantage of cooling the soon-to-burn air and hence increasing its density, but that is advanced stuff. Good luck, and do tell us about your results!

PS. I do not recommend doing this unless you know a good mechanic, or are one yourself, or have expert guidance otherwise.
  • gohm
    gohm
    What are the advantages of this design over increased octane fuel or enriching the mixture to combat detonation? Water injection can certainly reduce detonation by cooling combustion chamber temperatures and many times is used in conjunction with forced induction. It is though more complex and involves additional equipment that'll make it very challenging for a motorcycle application, though I bet it can be done!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am looking for a little bit of advice. I'm taking the FE in April and graduating in May with a B.S. Civil Engineering, and I'm getting out there and...
Around 20 hours ago, Samsung unleashed its most anticipated Android Smartphone : Galaxy S4 which is shipped with 1.6 GHz Octa-Core Exynos processor. On the same day, Samsung unveiled their...
I have a data set on Product Review Classification. The data set contains multiple reviews each review labelled with a rating. The review has each word and the no. of...
sir m n final year aeronautical engg.. nd i dnt hv any idea about what to do after diz..... am interested in higher studies.. can you plase help me in...
Dear Friends and Engineers please suggest me some topic related to mechanical engineering so that i can analyze it numerically by using some software like matlab. if possible then please...