An Engineering Refresher: Mohr’s Circle and Where it Fits into CAD

Quote:
In a world where software analysis has taken over, let us take a history lesson to remember what makes our finite-element-analysis (FEA) software tick. Morh’s circle is just a graphical representation of shear and stress to obtain information for failure theories in order to calculate if a design will be able to handle a loading scenario. These are the same stresses and theories used in FEA software.
This simplified refresher will show a static two-dimensional loading scenario. Simple drawings such as beam diagrams or other models help to locate high levels of stress. Generating a stress element for these areas of high stress will simplify the calculations to one or few points of interest.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone. Suggest me any worthy institute who can provide me software designing courses and further can àpproach me in placement. I'm basically a student of final year from Automobile...
HTC is going to launch its U series smartphones In India on 21st February. The series including U Ultra and U Play was announced on January 12th this year in...
{"value":[{"firstname":"naancy","email":"nancy@gmail.com","lastname":"sheeba", "phone":"9791409681","address":"23,Iam Fine Street","city":"chennai","zip":"620012", "country":"India"}]}This is my external Json file.I am using HTML form elements to get the value of Email id if it matches all other values will be...
Hello, everyone. My purpose is simple. After finished civil engineering study we focus for grow up our engineer career.so,when we start our work in real life construction site, we face...
Capgemini India chief Srinivas Kandula feels that most of the nearly 4 million IT workforce comes from low-grade engineering colleges that do not have a proper grading system to show...