An Engineering Mind: Are Kids Smarter Than Adults?

CEans,

Here's the latest for you from An Engineering Mind:

[youtube]_lgRg6as2vY[/youtube]

;-)

Replies

• Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    ^^ Lol, I'll address my answer to the question posted in the topic header. Some kids are smarter, some adults are dumb, all in all I think age can bring more wisdom, a more rounded knowledge base, based on experiences and not academics alone.

More than that, don't kids usually excel at one subject specifically? Which doesn't make them smarter as such but just determined. Hey if I was pounded with math problems everyday of my life since the day I was born, what's to say I wouldn't be a mini Einstein myself?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Well I agree kids are smarter than Adults but then why those same kids look dumb when they grow up? ๐Ÿ˜• Where there smatness gets lost?

Anyone any ideas?

PS: If I am not wrong "Mr Engineering Mind" was supposed to answer our few questions through Small Talk? Where he is gone?
    *Looks like he didn't like the questions * ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not sure. I guess he was busy with his work. He's promised a new website too.

We had asked for ideas for videos; but the discussion veered away from the main topic, I guess.

If anyone's got better ideas, post them in the sticky thread in this section. I'll ask Todd to have a look.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    kids are smarter than adults for sure , thats the reason elders say that everyone should be kids at some time in a day who expresses thier thoughts truely.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Yes, in the fact the kids have not yet formed limitations nor set brain patterns in learning process. Synapse routes are still forming. They only lack the knowledge. This is why very young children can learn languages, playing instruments, etc. quickly and very well. Also why they can have a short attention span and great imagination.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Nice explaination,but kids are more risk-takers compare to adults and dont worry about the results,in a way they can be smart as well as dumb due to lack of knowledge!!

gohm
    Yes, in the fact the kids have not yet formed limitations nor set brain patterns in learning process. Synapse routes are still forming. They only lack the knowledge. This is why very young children can learn languages, playing instruments, etc. quickly and very well. Also why they can have a short attention span and great imagination.
  • gohm
    gohm
    I would agrue though that being "dumb" and lack of knowledge are too very different things. To me, being dumb or a lack of intelligence is from having the knowledge but not using it. People can be smart and intelligent but lack knowledge. If Stephen Hawkings does not know how to build a nuclear reactor, does that make him dumb? In my opinion, no, he just lacks the knowledge. He's still an amazing brainiac! =)
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Yes I agree with you Gohm Sir, kids are more intelligent than adults, the only thing is they lack knowldege otherwise they can beat any adult but I have a question why do same kids become dumb or less smarter when they gain lot of knowledge with their age.๐Ÿ˜•
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Kids have great processors but empty hard disks, adults have full hard disks & processing varies.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    when a kid does a silly thing he is praised for his innovative thought , if an adult does people say that being adult he is behaving as a kid ๐Ÿ˜ก. whats this!!!??
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    beacause adults are expected to know what is good and what is not,ofcourse adults can also have freedom to do wierd things,till he dont mind what others say!!!
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    MaRo
    Kids have great processors but empty hard disks, adults have full hard disks & processing varies.
    Lol spoken like a true Computer Engineer hehe. I say well said. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    In that case.. Is there a real life version for defragmenting?
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    ha ha ha,how about having a re-cycle bin or loading??..something shown in Matrix-the movie
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Defragment - Sleeping well

Recycle bin - none, no temporary deletion, just erasing the pointers to files & can be being replaced, still human evolving we may get it somewhere in future.

loading - astonishment
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    I think a computer system is emulated human brain,and children are smarted beacause they have to handle less memory and adults more which slowers their responce time!!!
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Wow, there seems to be an excellent analogy between human brain and a computer..
    So, to defragment human brain, we need to sleep, right?? Cool..

So, can anyone tell me the analogies for the following??

1) OS
    2) Network
    3) Firewall
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    OS - Culture & breeding

Network - Social Skills

Firewall - Personality
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Wow ! Superb Maro, You proved to be a very good CS engineer. ๐Ÿ˜
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    MaRo
    an engineering mind part 2!!! ๐Ÿ˜
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    MaRo
    OS - Culture & breeding

Network - Social Skills

Firewall - Personality
    hey that was AWESOME!!
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    ok...what are computer equivalents for emotions,choices and decisions!!
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    none till the cyborgs arrival.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Electronics aren't an easy thing to get rid of, at least with a clear eco-conscious. Luckily, Wired's How-To Wiki has done the grunt work of tracking down and detailing the...
Open Culture has a comprehensive list of totally free resources for anyone looking to learn a language though audio files. Whether you're brushing up your Yiddish or delving into Dutch,...
Hi, Can you provide me minor project synopsis on COMPUTER TELEPHONY INTEGRATION based on ASP.net.
I m student I want to know how to sav two differ window in a single drive
Hi Ceans, This thread is due to the requset of some fellow CEans, to teach basic robotics. I'm not an expert in robotics, but i do know something in it,...