An efficient way to approach restrooms

Please be patient with this stupid idea.I always wonder about the structures,buildings and science behind it But I want to know how much water get wasted in a restrooms due to leakage or improper usage.So this model poped out of my mind.It may exist in present but I dont have an idea about it.following Pictures speak about my project.This model mainly rely on sensor and an electronic control module to control whole process.I want all the CEans review on my idea(both positive and negative reviews are welcomed) and any suggestions on which sensor i would use for better outcome of the project.I will tag experts to pay a small visit on my project
and all CEans are welcomed to be a critic.
Working:When a person stands over the ramp the sensor sense the weight and if it exceeds 10kg it will automatically flush the restroom after 2minutes for 5seconds.Additionally it also senses any leakage in pipeline.
bathflowdiagram

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I will tag experts to pay a small visit on my project
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The answer will be the same 2 min delay is really long

And so using this is a reference is not adequately sufficient

Try to use a sensor that will sense the wait being shifted away and then opens the flood gates

PS: Using IR sensor will be even better alternative than a weight sensor
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    There already is a sensor model working in malls. There is an indicator to show status of each process. You step up, the indicator turns red, as soon as you leave, the indicator turns orange. It automatically flushes for 5 seconds and then turns to green. Some of them also have applied it on the wash basins. Automatic turning on and off the tap based on proximity.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Not quite an expert. Still as Conqueror says, why two minutes? Why not two seconds after a substantial change in weight is sensed? Especially when there could be a line waiting, this may be impractical.
    We do use an automatic tap on the wash basins in our clean rooms.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    A.V.Ramani
    Not quite an expert. Still as Conqueror says, why two minutes? Why not two seconds after a substantial change in weight is sensed? Especially when there could be a line waiting, this may be impractical.
    We do use an automatic tap on the wash basins in our clean rooms.

The concept of sensors and their role in flushing is already implemented at many public places. It is a good addition though. Sometimes problems occurs in them too where the drains choke. It would be a good innovation though if a sensor which can detect and clean the drains automatically too.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Clogged drains are always an issue Sensing and detecting their exact location is always a challenge to most of the plumbers. So if automation is established it will always be a big boon
    Conqueror
    Clogged drains are always an issue Sensing and detecting their exact location is always a challenge to most of the plumbers. So if automation is established it will always be a big boon
    Yes bro thanks for your valuable suggestionsa nd I understand the essential and necessity of automation in drainage cleaning process .Is there any Robot created to claen drainages buddy?
    😡
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Well Irobot is there to clean your gutters and not for small holes like drains and pipeline. Making the line in miniature size is not so easy
    Conqueror
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Well Irobot is there to clean your gutters and not for small holes like drains and pipeline. Making the line in miniature size is not so easy
    Bro, Do you think it is power enough to clean big drainages?("I saw the website you posted and it is a simple saw like toy-just for kidding")
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    20 feet of horizontal cleaning and the power required by it is super low. But This is not 100% automatic so I am not sure how effective this design will be in cleaning miles and miles of sewers

They can be used but need human control for cleaning
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I have something in my mind which would be a good automatic drain killer. How that thing would look like or work. But I dont know how to implement it since its not my field 😕 . But I am pretty sure that will work.
    Nayan Goenka
    I have something in my mind which would be a good automatic drain killer. How that thing would look like or work. But I dont know how to implement it since its not my field 😕 . But I am pretty sure that will work.
    Dont hesitate man . That could be a innovation , come with a rough sketch bro.Even this is not my field as I am an Automobile Engineer I would love to explore everything in this world.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    CSK AUTO
    Dont hesitate man . That could be a innovation , come with a rough sketch bro.Even this is not my field as I am an Automobile Engineer I would love to explore everything in this world.

Of check this out. this is just what first came into my mind. I am not sure about its drawbacks but this can clean the pipelines easily.

[​IMG]
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Any thing crazy is worth a debate we can concentrate on the loop holes and see whether it could be implemented practically do update on your idea here mate
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Nayan Goenka
    Of check this out. this is just what first came into my mind. I am not sure about its drawbacks but this can clean the pipelines easily.

[​IMG]
    The design is suited for straight drain lines Not lines having too many topsy turvy turns
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Conqueror
    The design is suited for straight drain lines Not lines having too many topsy turvy turns

It will work perfectly well for topsy turvy pipelines also. you are missing that it has a cable attached in the middle which is acting like a ramp. Plus that is the point of making the whole surface of the bulb to be a scrub. It can clean in any direction irrespective of the shape and path of the drain. You can put in springs in between the bulb, so even if your pipe size expands, It will automatically adjust to it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Mobile is the next biggest thing is the software market and already more than 60% of the big business is drifting towards mobile. This makes the mobile testing of the...
The recently launched Windows Server 2012 is doing wonders in server world. Windows has made an excellent attempt towards perfecting the Server Editions by rectifying their known issues. One of...
Most of the people here might be using Google as their primary search engine. You got any doubts, ask Google. Nowadays, google has become more of a verb. Googling seems...
Hey guys, I have a MicroMax Canvas 2 plus or you may call it A5110Q. I like to play games on mobile so can anyone suggest me some of the...
Hey guys, as you all know that Linux is a completely open source operating system, it has a unique feature of being customisable as you want. It means you can...