An easy trick to block Websites!!

Hi Guys,

Now you can block certain websites by this easy trick!!

How to Block or Hide Websites :
  1. At first open MY Computer.
  2. Then go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
  3. Find a file named as “hosts“, right click on it and open with notepad.
  4. To block #-Link-Snipped-# just add this text at the bottom of the file after 127.0.0.1 localhost.
  5. For eg. Suppose you want to block xyz.com, then just add #-Link-Snipped-# after 127.0.0.1 local host. Like this
    127.0.0.1 localhost #-Link-Snipped-# To block any sites give the URL of the same site and block it.
  6. After giving the URL save the file and exit.
  7. If you like to block more sites then repeat the same procedure.
(or click start then click run and give C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc in the run box) to go directly to hosts.
It is very easy and simple way to block websites.

Replies

• kumar_nitin
    kumar_nitin
    nice aniket!! this could be helpful to many....
    But sorry dear, this trick has grown so old now..
  • sunit.soni
    sunit.soni
    whiz.kid.aniket
    Hi Guys,

Now you can block certain websites by this easy trick!!

How to Block or Hide Websites :
    1. At first open MY Computer.
    2. Then go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
    3. Find a file named as “hosts“, right click on it and open with notepad.
    4. To block #-Link-Snipped-# just add this text at the bottom of the file after 127.0.0.1 localhost.
    5. For eg. Suppose you want to block xyz.com, then just add #-Link-Snipped-# after 127.0.0.1 local host. Like this
      127.0.0.1 localhost #-Link-Snipped-# To block any sites give the URL of the same site and block it.
    6. After giving the URL save the file and exit.
    7. If you like to block more sites then repeat the same procedure.
    (or click start then click run and give C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc in the run box) to go directly to hosts.
    It is very easy and simple way to block websites.
    Hi , but this trick not working ! !
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    the method definitely works. do it properly sunit. for eg if u want to block google then open the hosts file and type the following below
    127.0.0.1 GoogleRediff.com: News | Rediffmail | Stock Quotes | Shopping
  • NDL
    NDL
    Interesting trick!! I would like to use it once lets see if it works or not by the way thanks for sharing.
  • tdave
    tdave
    Yeah,that old trick but that's the way.Anyway ,FF user can block any url with the plug in call ABP.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hai friends, I need to learn about Trilateration calculation to solve my assignment question.But it looks so hard to understand the Trilateration formula.Can anybody help me regarding with this??Thank you.
i want some electrical topics to give seminar😁
hello CEians. there is doubt in my mind regarding EM waves.😕 we all know that EM waves are generated by "accelerating charged particles". that's true. but, what about the situation...
cant we run a piston with electro magnetic power wherein we use the AC and DC battery at the opposite sides and make a piston head move in it as...
I used a 4ohm speaker in a project, with what modification can i use 8ohm speaker?