AMD Vs INTEL Processor

HI Guys, I think the war between Amd and Intel is very long. Everyday many people meet who have different opinion about these processor manufacturer. Who use Intel they say Intel is best, and who use Amd they say Amd is best. Now I am totaly confused due to them. I need to buy a new computer, so I want help from all guys that which one is better and why?

I also started the poll to know the more recommended processor.

Replies

• Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Actually no one can tell you that which one is the best.Because on some point AMD is hard while on some point INTEL is on the top.
    It's up to you which processor you want to prefer for your PC.
    If you are a new user.then i must say that to use INTEL it's best for you.
    But if you have some experience just go with AMD.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    ya exactly as mohit said at some point AMD is best and at some point INTEL.
    And ya if you are PC game lover then go for AMD because its graphics is better then INTEL.
    If there is any money matter then INTEL is cheaper then AMD and also AMD generates more heat then INTEL. I would prefer INTEL.
  • Leo
    Leo
    jcksn
    HI Guys, I think the war between Amd and Intel is very long. Everyday many people meet who have different opinion about these processor manufacturer. Who use Intel they say Intel is best, and who use Amd they say Amd is best. Now I am totaly confused due to them. I need to buy a new computer, so I want help from all guys that which one is better and why?

I also started the poll to know the more recommended processor.
    Its not good to rate a processor just by company name. First decide what are your requirements from your PC then decide for a right processor. Don't just move behind a hype, buy PC as your requirement it doesn't need special rating to a processor creating company. If you don't know how to decide according to your need, just put what power and efficiency you expect from your computer, we are here to help.

At last as a Computer Engineer i don't think this poll is healthy to take without technical details of processing technologies for specific purpose, i urge CE members please don't take this poll seriously. Happy Computing.
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    Ok, I want a good computer in budget Rs 14000/-(Processor + Motherboard). I have 1 gb Nvidia gt 240. there is no problem for power. Also I want quad core. Then now which Processor should I buy. I search many processor, and now I am totally confused as everyone tell different thing. That's why I started this thread.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    I do not agree with Mohit's part suggesting Intel if you are a new user and AMD if you are experienced. I have personally recommended and helped my friends buy AMD systems which are giving top notch performance. The criteria for going after AMD was value for money as we saved RS 2000-3000 per system by going with AMD.

I do not agree with Sushant's suggestion too. INTEL is costlier than AMD equivalents and not cheaper. And kindly do not generalize AMD being hotter than INTEL, those days are gone.

and as for jcksn
    since you have a nvidia card, I guess going with INTEL would be a better option though there is no hard and fast rule and AMD should give equally great performance on your card.

for ur budget, try out AMD Phenom x4 924 or 945 or 965 + compatible motherboard
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    AMD processors are great for their value. I just can't wait till Bulldozer releases!

@ jcksn
    AMD Phenom X4 955 is a recommended pick for your quad core 😀 Its powerful enough on stock settings, but with the unlocked multiplier allows you to easily overclock it to be even more potent. The large cache also means the CPU won't be much of a bottleneck for your GPU performance!
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    is AMD processors uses less power to run cool and give better performance ? or the both processors company has became equivalent to each other now ?
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    In local market presently Amd phenom II X4 945 is available. Is this is good for me?
  • Leo
    Leo
    jcksn
    Ok, I want a good computer in budget Rs 14000/-(Processor + Motherboard). I have 1 gb Nvidia gt 240. there is no problem for power. Also I want quad core. Then now which Processor should I buy. I search many processor, and now I am totally confused as everyone tell different thing. That's why I started this thread.
    So you need a 4 cored processor, you can opt from any of the following,

1.Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.7GHz (Will cost nearly Rs.8,000) + Motherboard MSI H55M-E33 (will cost nearly Rs.6000) or ASUS P5Q-VM(will cost nearly Rs.6000) or Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3LR (will cost nearly Rs.7000)

if you want to go for AMD then

2.AMD Anthlon II X4 620 2.6GHz (Will cost nearly Rs.6000) OR AMD Anthlon II X4 630 2.8GHz (Will cost nearly Rs.6000) or AMD Anthlon II X4 635 2.9GHz (Will cost nearly Rs.7000) + Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H (costs nearly Rs.5000) or Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-US2H (costs nearly Rs.6000) or Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H (costs nearly Rs.6000) or Asus M4A78T-E (costs nearly Rs.7000)

Don't just mark any of them good or bad because they all are good, but if i would be you then i would have prefered AMD configuration with Asus Motherboard as it is cost effective and would give same performance as expected even on low cost hardware.

Happy Computing.
  • Leo
    Leo
    jcksn
    In local market presently Amd phenom II X4 945 is available. Is this is good for me?
    No issues at all its cent percent good.
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    thanks Leo.
  • saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    in my opinion ................go with intel.................i have used intel ..................and my friend preferred amd .......................but on comparing both the processors ..................intel is best.....................in long run..........

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, guys I recently search details for i core processor made by Intel. I just got shocked when I know that core i3 and core i5 600 series processor are...
Hi,Guys. I have 3 hdd. On first I install windows 7 (main operating system), now on second hdd i install fedora 13. As i install Fedora 13 for learning and...
hello all,am currently in college studying to be an engineer,and am at the minute involved in a project on ocean energy,i am wondering if there is any entry level software...
Lot of people are hooked to social networks. There are people who spend more than 2-3 hours on Social Network doing almost nothing useful (meaning, productive). Do you think social...
will you please guide me for my project on credit card fraud detection using artificial neural network? and also tell me which programming language i should use for this projet??please...