AMD Roadmap 2013 Has Been Leaked.

German website #-Link-Snipped-# has leaked the official AMD 2013 (i.e Steamroller) roadmap.We know that at CES showed the roadmap with steamroller based Kaveri APU mentioned with year 2013.

slide
Tebash & Kabini APUs are already been released for ultra-thin notebooks & tablets, while Kaveri will be coming to notebooks & desktops this year i.e 2013 alongwith few other Steamroller based Opteron processors.

Here are the few screenshots of the leaks :
The Kaveri notebook processors which will be having 2-4 CPU cores along with embedded GPU (obviously, it is APU) supporting HS Architecture is slated for third quarter of the year 2013 i.e between July-2013 to December-2013.
Kaveri is 28nm architecture which is designed for high performance notebooks & mid-range desktops. The new socket FM2+ will be used for kaveri steamroller processor.However, Vishera of Piledriver remains the fastest processor in AMD & AMD-FX series won't be having any architectural update until early 2014.

Unfortunately, there is no detailed information on AMD GFX roadmap, there is no further detail on any change in the technical specification of the AMD GPU. Only news we have is that, current GPU for OEM will be updated to 8 series.

There is not single news regarding update server roadmap, It seems like AMD "Abu Dhabi", "Seoul" & "Delphi" will stay until beginning of 2014.

Source : #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I"m not quite sure of this; but does AMD have any worthy Intel Haswell rival yet?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I"m not quite sure of this; but does AMD have any worthy Intel Haswell rival yet?
    Nope. Intel Haswell is legendary processor. It is the first processor which is giving equally good performance & that too with very low power consumption, the primary reason why mobile devices are opting it.

Even though, AMD can't compete with Haswell architecture, most of the casual gamers will prefer Kaveri processors because it is APU, cheap & good performance.
    It will suck more juice though.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Kaustubh Katdare
    AMD is lacking crazy engineers to bring out something substantial to compete. Gone are the Athlon 64 FX days..
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    ash
    AMD is lacking crazy engineers to bring out something substantial to compete. Gone are the Athlon 64 FX days..
    Disagree!
    APU is the one great creation by AMD. I have tested AMD's APU based laptops & Intel's CPU laptops with integrated HD graphics. I must mention that, AMD's APU chipset kills the Intel's chipset in Processor performance & even in graphics performance. For Mid-range, APU wins. For high-end, Intel smacks AMD.

I believe that APU is future, we won't be needing external graphics card to play games(casual gaming in 720p not full HD) in near future (maybe 5 more years?)
  • Cyborg 009
    Cyborg 009
    I hav got amd fx8320 ..i underclocked it to 2.3GHZ@1.1V power consumption ~20W.. measured through asus AI suite EPU ..
    pwr draw at 4.5Ghz @1.4V ~130 W full stress
    Its a good cpu & freq multiplier is unlocked.
    upgrade cost is less for amd than intel ..
    intel has great cpus but brings newer sockets each time .. making us shell out for a new motherboard ..& u need proper mobo-cpu combination for overclock ..
    The graphics drivers are age old & intel dont seem to agree on this ..

Amd AM3+ socket vl remain for a few years .. so hotswap cpu for a upgrade ..
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Abhishek Rawal
    Disagree!
    APU is the one great creation by AMD. I have tested AMD's APU based laptops & Intel's CPU laptops with integrated HD graphics. I must mention that, AMD's APU chipset kills the Intel's chipset in Processor performance & even in graphics performance. For Mid-range, APU wins. For high-end, Intel smacks AMD.

I believe that APU is future, we won't be needing external graphics card to play games(casual gaming in 720p not full HD) in near future (maybe 5 more years?)
    Their APU has a while to go. Their current developments are not helping with their bottom line. Sure, APU is great for casual gamers. However, enthusiasts would rather stick to a discreet GPU setup that they can upgrade (or vice versa with CPU). AMD needs to step up.

I've got a E-350 based laptop hoping to use it for basic applications and video streaming (at least 720p). It's severely lackluster for the 2nd. For sure its better than an Atom CPU, but its disappointing to have bought into the hype.

In the mid-range, it still makes more sense now to go for AM3+ based setup rather than currently getting FM2 APUs, or else you are stuck on the upgrade path. Its better to wait for FM2+ mobo to come out. You get a better deal with an AM3+ CPU and one of many inexpensive great performance discrete cards.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Drone It Yourself kit allows you to turn your computer keyboard, telephone, physics book, iPad 2 and Beatles DVD into a flying RC drone. Yep - you read that right!...
Is there any headphone or headset that pause music at any device when removed from ear.😒 Now a days ear phones have advancement in technology like controlling everything in a...
218 MPH aka ~350 Km/h is the new speed record to beat! The Lightening Superbike has officially been crowned the fastest electric motorcycle in the world. You may argue that...
We've all sort of equipped ourselves to type like maniacs on the keyboard, and do wonders with our mouse. But now revolution has come. We are now more tempted with...
Dropbox, the service millions of people around the world use to keep their files in the cloud, has organised their first-ever developer conference called DBX. Dropbox CEO, Drew Houston has...