Amazon Launches Kindle Voyage: A $199 E-Book Reader With Paperwhite Display & Free 3G

Amazon has launched a new e-book reader that is fit for kings. The Kindle Voyage is the company’s most expensive e-book reader with a price tag of $199 (12,123 INR) for the Wi-Fi only and $269 (16,387 INR) for the Wi-Fi & Free 3G variant. Yes, the 3G connectivity is free as Amazon pays the data charges in over 100 countries. Kindle Voyage is the thinnest and lightest e-book variant in the Kindle range as it is 7.6mm thin and weighs less than 180 grams. It incorporates the company’s much lauded Paperwhite display technology and adds a few new tricks to it. The 6.4inch display has a pixels per inch figure of 300ppi which makes the text and images appear more crisp than ever. Amazon has micro-etched the glass on the Kindle Voyage to make it feel more paper like. The micro-etched surface also increases sunlight legibility as it diffuses the ambient light.

Kindle Voyage 1

The company has increased the brightness of the Front Light by 40% and added an adaptive feature that adjusts the brightness according to the surrounding light. The adaptive light is quite clever as it knows when someone is reading books in the dark his/her eyes adjust to the ambient darkness over tine and the brightness level that it started with might appear too bright after some time. It lowers the brightness gradually overtime according to the eye’s response. The new PagePress technology lets you turn pages of a book by lightly pressing the side bezel and at the same time an actuator vibrates to let you know that you have turned the page. To avoid any accidental page turns the user can calibrate the pressure level and haptic feedback level according to his/her preferences.

Kindle Voyage 2

Buoyed by the success of the Origami cover on its Fire tablets range, Amazon has made one for the Kindle Voyage that not just protects the e-book reader but can also act like a stand in portrait and landscape positions. The cover can be bought from the Amazon website at $44.99. The Kindle Voyage supports Amazon features like Kindle Unlimited, Kindle FreeTime Unlimited (children’s book subscription service), Word Wise, Whispersync, Family Library (book sharing), Expanded X-Ray, Enhanced Search and a deeper Goodreads Integration. The Kindle Voyage is available for pre-order and will ship to customers by October 21.

Kindle Voyage 3

To conclude the post, we would like to ask out readers that are they willing to buy a tablet that is expensive than mid-range smartphones? Head over to the comments section below to post your opinions.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# & #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

After unveiling the Kindle Voyage, Amazon announced four new tablets that let users experience the latest version of Fire OS and Amazon services at affordable rates. The Fire HD 6,...
Hi! I am new here and I just want to ask about my project idea. I want to know if my idea is possible using Raspberry Pi. I want to...
I want to create a Coin-slot Operated Printing Machine that will be controlled using an Android tablet as the display and control of the printer. The machine will accept files...
Peel and stick PV panels to power the world? https://fora.tv/2014/06/11/Xiaolin_Z...il&utm_term=0_de23702f3b-4109fb0c5f-295725241
Motorola Moto 360 smartwatch is coming to India via Flipkart. As of now Flipkart's got an official page for the Moto 360: Check Here!. There's no confirmation of the launch...