Amazon Kindle Now In India - Will You Buy It?

Amazon's Kindle has arrived in India via the popular digital goods distributor, Redington as its distribution partner. #-Link-Snipped-# reports that the agreement between Amazon & Redington was signed a few months ago allowing Redington to be the distributor of Kindle devices throughout India. You may know Redington as the distributor of Apple's iProducts in India including the iPhone & iPad. Blackberry too, distributes their smartphones in India via Redington. It's being learned that the company has received stocks of the Kindle readers recently.

kindle-fire-hd-india

It's not clear whether the devices that have arrived are Kindle Fire & Kindle Fire HD. The exact launch date of the devices is not known yet, but we may expect an announcement from Amazon in the next few days.

The company had announced plans to launch Android App store for the Kindle devices. Kindle Fire & Fire HD devices run modded version of Android, and the Amazon Android App store would allow the users to use Android apps on their devices.

The retail pricing of these devices would surely be an interesting thing to keep eye on. What's your take?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Laser illuminated microscope now allows researchers to see objects that are only 10nm wide. The super-resolution optical microscope does not require fluorescent dyes and it's being claimed that this advancement...
Please take a look at my confusion- - Small signal equivalent ckts and Large signal equivalent ckts = transistor eq ckts operating at ac signals of low amplitude and at...
Hi, Which is the best website or site to visit to find a job? I am tired to apply without receive any call or email back. I have 3 years...
Operation IceBridge is on the brink of completion and the successful mission will see a considerable addition to the dataset that started with NASA's ICESat in 2003. IceBridge has collected...
If you think Google Glass is the next big thing, it probably is. Check out the official 'how to' video released by Google that educates you how to use Google...