Amazon Echo: From Workouts To Stocks Markets, It's All There

Indeed, a device “designed around your voice”, the Amazon Echo very flamboyantly exhibits what is required most in the market: dynamism. With Amazon’s intelligent digital personal assistant 'Alexa' inside, Amazon Echo - The Crazy New Interactive Speaker You Ought To Know About is a powerful utility. First launched over a year ago as a voice assistant in the shape and design of a speaker, it has undergone various updates, and the latest one helps you in your workouts!

Amazon-Echo

With the new fitness feature, you can ask Alexa to direct you for a seven-minute workout, and you will be provided with “a set of exercises designed to increase metabolism, improve energy, lower stress, and remove fat”. Certainly this will not change your life, but it could most definitely become a valuable addition to your workout regime, and the fact that it demands just seven minutes is cool.

Another new feature on the product is Ask Fidelity, which provides stock quotes in the form of ticker name or symbol. Alexa returns required information allowing you to catch up with the capital market, and you do not have to sit separately to see the stocks crashing down, or soaring up. Also, if at all you find it important, you can have insight about the latest Republican and Democratic debates.

The Echo has come a long way from where it started. In October, an update allowed users to play music and audiobooks from multiple accounts. This was followed by one that would enable highly customised alarms along with the ability to read top news headlines. Thus, the Echo now plays all your music from Prime Music, Pandora, and TuneIn; it reports traffic and weather, and readily provides scores and schedules. It is powered with far-field voice recognition, it will hear you from across the room, and provided you use one of WeMo, Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Philips Hue, and Insteon. You can also command Echo to turn lights and switches on and off for you.

The Echo is feature-packed. It emanates a 360° omni-directional audio and fills the room with its immersive sound but when it comes to hearing you out, it will detect the slightest of murmurs. Amazon claims the Echo is always getting smarter, and we cannot help but agree as long as the updates keep coming!

Source: Latest Update Brings New Skills To The Amazon Echo | #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys, What do you think about mainframe computers? Is it still useful for one to learn about it..A person was telling me that the chances on mainframe has got...
Don’t replace your old low cost headphones just yet! You might want to consider the newly launched BoomStick from Boomcloud360 before you get rid of your old headphones. A survey...
Hi to all. I am a software tester with 3 years experience in both automation and manual testing. currently i am working in Bangalore , i am looking a onsite...
Ramesh Raskar, Mit Media Lab gave a talk about their recent discovery, Femto Second Photography some days back at TED conference. He introduced new type of imaging technique that captures...
I would like to know how to manage multiple whatsapp broadcast groups as my phone freezes a lot while sending updates to all my multiple groups. Is there any other...