Amazon AWS Data Center In India - Will It Disrupt The Cloud Market?

Amazon has announced that they will open an India based data center for the AWS - aka amazon web services. The AWS is one of the largest private cloud networks in the world known for their dirt cheap prices and impressive services. AWS already hosts several big name online services like Tata Motors, Jubilant Food Networks, PayTM, Freshdesk etc.

If Amazon sets up a data center in India, it is likely to give a big boost to migration of online services from traditional hosting companies to AWS. First, Amazon's infrastructure is robust and they keep lowering their prices every few months.

With a data center in India, Amazon will also start offering localised support; which I guess it offers currently through third party vendors. I'm sure a lot of startups will host their web based products or services on AWS. Do you think Amazon AWS data center in India will be a market disrupter?

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yes for sure. Should have at least 2 Availability Zones in India though.

One of the obstacles of migration to cloud is the lack of local cloud PoP. Not only is was it a latency issue, but also some security compliance regulations (like in Financing) that states that data must only be hosted in the same country. Yeah, AWS works by having multiple PoPs globally for redundancy but you can still choose which "Region" to strictly host the data.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hye friends, My name is arooj. by profession i am a SE in a software house. I have joined this community for getting unique ideas. and contribute my input at...
CAN ANYBODY SUGGEST ME THE WEBPAGE DETAILS FOR OBTAINING PDF COPY OF CATIA DESIGN SOFTWARE OPERATOR'S MANUAL.
PLEASE LET ME HAVE SOME SOLVED EXAMPLES ON BENDING MOMENT AND SHEARING FORCE CALCULATION FOR SUPPORTED BEAMS
When a tube roller can roll a pipe.What is the modification in it to produce an Elliptical Pipe? What is the shape of the roller used?
When I began my BSc career in Sharif University of Technology, I was supposed to become a structural engineer expert to be able to design ships and airplanes, besides buildings,...