Over 100000 Indian Students in USA

Indian students in US cross 100,000 mark - Times of India:-

The number of students from India enrolled in US universities and colleges crossed 100,000 for the first time ever this year even as international enrollments in America registered the largest percentage increase since 1980, defying broad economic trends.

As the number of international students at colleges and universities in the US increased by 8% to an all-time high of 671,616 in the 2008/09 academic year, students from India made up 103,260 of the overall number, according to the Open Doors report, which is published annually by the Institute of International Education (IIE) in collaboration with the US government.

The Indian numbers went up 9.2 per cent from 94,563 in 2007/2008 to cross 100,000 for the first time to retain its position as the top place of origin for international students in the United States. China remained in second place, although there was a sharp 21 per cent spike in students from China, going up from 81,127 last academic year to 98,235 this year. South Korea (69,000 to 75,000) remained in third place.

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Wow! Theres only 6000 of us Malaysians studying there 😔
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Oh..! 1,00,000...! 😒
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Hope most of them come back and work for India !!!
  • BookWorm87
    BookWorm87
    That's about what number I thought it was. English Scared I also hope they come back and work in India.

BookWorm87
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm thrilled to see what this guy is up to - Pranav Mistry: The thrilling potential of SixthSense technology | Video on TED.com How can this technology be developed further?
hello CEans m new to this crazy place can anyone help me deciding a project topic for 6th sem BE. it can be on java,c or c++ plz reply at...
There are lots of wannabe entrepreneurs who are stuck because they can't find a good idea to get started. Typically, here's a process of finding a good idea that you...
I don't know what's up at Yahoo! Inc. but what they are doing is not really optimistic. Yahoo GO! was launched in 2006 to provide news, weather, stock, traffic and...
[FONT="]We are urgently looking for the following engineers Mechanical engineers Chemical engineers instrumentation engineers Electrical engineers ASU operators With a minimum of 2 years of experience (related field), please feel...