Always Wanted A Job In The Game Industry? Valve Introduces Pipeline!

Teenagers, while may constitute a great part of Valve's target audience, do not yet have as strong an influence on Valve's workplace. The game developing company famous for Half-Life, Portal and Team Fortress does seem like an amazing place to work. Unfortunately, people responsible for Valve's innovations, and most of its employees in general are trained, experienced and talented individuals. So, how does a high-school student passionate about creating games go about it? Valve attempts to answer this with the#-Link-Snipped-#, an experiment designed to help teenage students interested in the video game industry. While there's a lot buzz around video games, most knowledge is still obscure when it comes tomaking videogames. Valve aims to tend to frequently asked questions like, "What is it like to work on videogames? What should I study? What colleges are best for preparing me?", while simultaneously using Pipeline as a platform to see if a group of high school students with minimal work experience can be trained successfully in skills and methods to qualify to work in Valve.

slide

Valve has a#-Link-Snipped-#, that is designed by teenagers who are high-school interns at Valve. In the videogame industry, Pipeline refers to the integration of individual elements into an overall experience, which is the idea that the team is working with, ie opening the valve of knowledge to general public . The website aims to create a community and answer as many questions as they can. More information is expected to be released by next month. If you are a fan of Valve and interested in its workplace, PDF that might indulge you. Personally, I'm joyous! Not only because it's games, but because it's Valve!

Via: Valve introduces Pipeline, teaches high school students how to get a job in gaming - The Verge

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Definitely an hype creating move by valve.
    Youngters who were interested in this gaming industry will be loving this move and it will enhance them with great knowledge in gaming industry
    Surely if youngsters are in the gaming industry we can expect more trendy , innovative games from them soon.
    Valve will be looking to lure youngsters towards them.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I always amused by the design of thread. I want to know that whether there is a relation for loss due to threads in tyre. We all know that threads...
Hi, My rank is 118 ( A+B+C). Can I get any tuition fee waiver???total fee is around 80000/-can anyone tell me ?
My friend of mine has called me and showed me a confusing construction in my hostel.Yes we found glass slides that have been buried in cement floor with constant distance....
I have an galaxy y along with laptop without wifi.Can I use the phone as a wifi receiver? I have tried connectify.But it can only reverse tether the wifi signal...
I'm a game freak.Are you? Ok lets start the discussion.Name the best game in every genre you have played. Starting with mine, Race-Need for speed most wanted old version(its graphic...