Alphabet keys arrangement on keyboard

hi all,

i was wondering why the arrangement of alphabet keys isnt in the order in which they actually are?? has it got something to do with typing speed?
I mean had they been like (A,B,C........) ,would it have affected the typing ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Let me try to answer that.

Most of the keyboards these days have a special arrangement of keys called QWERTY arrangement. Note that QWERTY contains first five keys of the top row.

This special arrangement is popular because it makes it easier to type words. For example, letter 'e' & 'r' are most commonly used, so they appear next to each other.

It's very easy to remember the QWERTY layout. I hope this helps in satisfying the curiosity. More replies are always welcome ๐Ÿ˜

-The Big K-
  • DEP
    DEP
    it does biggie but even i want to know more.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    More about QWERTY here - ๐Ÿ˜

QWERTY - Wikipedia

-The Big K-
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I wonder if they are ever going to update the QWERTY layout with all the new words in the English language being added since the 1860's ๐Ÿ˜‰

One way that helped me type fast is chatting on Instant Messengers. Chatting live with someone sorta forces you to type a reply as fast as you can ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    I wonder if they are ever going to update the QWERTY layout with all the new words in the English language being added since the 1860's ๐Ÿ˜‰

One way that helped me type fast is chatting on Instant Messengers. Chatting live with someone sorta forces you to type a reply as fast as you can ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Especially in offices ... when you've to quickly type the message & close the window!

-The Big K-

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi everyone, My name is Shane and I am from Philadelphia, PA. I am a software engineer and I also work part-time from home. Basically I just want to earn...
Hi All, There are many reasons that people decide to make money online. There are those who lost their jobs, stay at home moms, those who want to be their...
Hello to all members of this wonderful site! Our aim is to unite engineers across the world. Although I think majority of the members are from India, there are few...
CHAK DE INDIA....celebrating womanhood No!!! shahrukh khan is not going to get a filmfare award for the movie...nor am i expecting a national award for him...even an oscar would only...
Hello Crazy engineers,am so happy to join u today.Its so exciting to join a world of engineers.I say a big bravo to all who brought this wonderful idea.Goodday