All Glass House - Stable?

Here's an all glass house -

santambrogio-glass-house copy

I'm wondering whether these structures are really stable. Anyone?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    It can be, if made up of Gorrilla Glass type technology and,
    They can't through stones on other's house ๐Ÿ˜›
  • ErAnushka
    ErAnushka
    The_Big_K
    Here's an all glass house -

santambrogio-glass-house copy

I'm wondering whether these structures are really stable. Anyone?
    I've no experience but as far as I know without a proper foundation it won't be able to stand for a long time period ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ianoop
    It can be, if made up of Gorrilla Glass type technology and,
    They can't through stones on other's house ๐Ÿ˜›
    I'm not sure if Gorilla glass is used. That would shoot the price of the house to Mars.

ErAnushka
    I've no experience but as far as I know without a proper foundation it won't be able to stand for a long time period ๐Ÿ˜€
    Apparently the glass house does not have a foundation. Given the height of the house, do you think foundation is necessary? The structure might just stand intact with a larger base.
  • ErAnushka
    ErAnushka
    The_Big_K
    I'm not sure if Gorilla glass is used. That would shoot the price of the house to Mars.

Apparently the glass house does not have a foundation. Given the height of the house, do you think foundation is necessary? The structure might just stand intact with a larger base.
    Yes, foundation is necessary, I guess. Without foundation, it can bear the "extreme wind" ?
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    Guess it is made of glass fiber.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think it's better to have opinions from all the civil engineers on CE. Anyone wants to offer a comment, please?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Apparently IT industry hires about a third of engineering graduates annually. Nasscom projections paint a dismal picture for 2013 with intake to fall to 100,000 hired. It is scary to...
I'm reading the C programming book, but I just want to know these things: 1. Linux is an operating system or it is just a "Kernel" ... 2. How "Kernel"...
Hi everyone: My name is Humberto Mendoza and I'm from Nicaragua. I'm a civil engineering student finishing my thesis (Earthquake-Resistant Connections in Precast Concrete Frames) for the degree of Civil...
We've covered quite a bit of Honda on VoiCE. The auto giant is known for their contribution to robotics. The company has just forayed into the automatic lawnmower markets with...
come , lets all learn together..... isnt learing fun???๐Ÿ˜€