All About Solar Paint

What is the concept of solar paint? and what is the cost per square meter in India?
Is it available commercialy ?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    One application of third generation solar cells that has the possibility of becoming commercially viable relatively soon is solar paint. Tata Steel is working with researchers at Swansea University to produce sheet steel treated with a sensitive coating of solar cells. Third Generation Photovoltaic Cell Cite Note 9 According to Dr. Worsley, the project leader for the Swansea Solar Paint Project, if all the steel cladding produced by one manufacturer was energy generating, it would be the equivalent of 50 wind farms (or 4500 gigawatts/year) at an efficiency rate of 5%
    Endquote
    If Tata's are at it you may expect to see this soon in the market, though not necessarily as a consumer product.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Would the alarming mortality at the AMRI hospital have been less if there was some way to mitigate the suffocation? In a centrally airconditioned building, ventillation is a regulated activity...
Any one can help me in Design Explanation for a trolley in packing section on assembly line of HORN, in which two is kept in a single box of different...
hey guyz, pls get me some details on where i can do advanced automation courses in India, i am a diploma holder in mechatronics
A mega project it is! Indian Railways has started giving out contracts to different companies to do the prefeasibility report regarding the construction of rail lines for bullet trains connecting...
hi evry1 am doin my b.e mechanical engineerin 3 rd yr am plannin to do a mini project in automobile sector i cant get any idea so can som1 help...