Akash Tablet Specs & Features: India's Cheapest Tablet

Akash Tablet has finally made an entry in India for Rs. 3000. The tablet specs are as follows -

Hardware:
- Processor: 366 Mhz. Connexant with Graphics accelerator and HD Video processor
- Memory (RAM): 256MB RAM / Storage (Internal): 2GB Flash
- Storage (External): 2GB to 32GB Supported
- Peripherals (USB2.0 ports, number): 1 Standard USB port
- Audio out: 3.5mm jack / Audio in: 3.5mm jack
- Display and Resolution: 7″ display with 800×480 pixel resolution
- Input Devices: Resistive touch screen
- Connectivity and Networking: GPRS and WiFi IEEE 802.11 a/b/g
- Power and Battery: Up to 180 minutes on battery. AC adapter 200-240 volt range.
Software:
- Document Rendering
* Supported Document formats: DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, XLS, XLSX, ODT, ODP
* PDF viewer, Text editor
- Multimedia and Image Display
* Image viewer supported formats: PNG, JPG, BMP and GIF
* Supported audio formats: MP3, AAC, AC3, WAV, WMA
* Supported video formats: MPEG2, MPEG4, AVI, FLV

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    It has got Android 2.2 (Froyo). So you can download and install apps from the market.

I am wondering if anyone is actually buy it.

And I hope it does not share the same fate as Nano.

'World's cheapest' - doesn't work always, right?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    If someone is rushing to buy it, 😁 please do write a review here.

It would be great to have a hands-on experience written here.
  • crazyengineersgu
    crazyengineersgu
    No it wont have access to Android Marketplace, according to this#-Link-Snipped-#
    But it will have some pre-loaded basic apps.
    Don't think the 377 MHz processor can handle the fancy apps on the Marketplace yet.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    We don't have enough noise here.

Comments pouring down here:

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Making of the tablet discussed in the video here: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • patraanjan23
    patraanjan23
    the commercial version of AKASH Tablet is going to have a 600 Mhz Processor(as reported) ... I think that is enough for a college student.. still if he is a hardcore gamer...
  • vamsicharan
    vamsicharan
    can anybody give me ans for my question tat is is t usefull to buy akash tablet?is t do honest for this cost?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vamsicharan
    can anybody give me ans for my question tat is is t usefull to buy akash tablet?is t do honest for this cost?
    I'd rather wait and watch. Overall, it depends on the applications you are intending to use the tablet for. I personally think any tablet isn't yet capable for being put for serious use; and that includes iPad 2 as well. Aakash tablet, could just be a internet browsing and media device at the moment. But as I said, let's wait and watch.
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    Anybody got this one ?????
    If yes please share your reviews.
  • Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Aakash tablet seems to be a marketing and government hype. It is the only tablet with less price..
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Waiting for at least one serious review of this tablet? Seems no one is interested, Lets see!
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    I think this is the biggest shocking gadgets in the world having all features which other expensive TAB have and in fact its kind of mini laptop.
    K!r@nS!ngu I think every body want to know that any body had this amazing gadget?
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    Hey
    The_Big_K I had heard that in AAKASH is having many issues and lots of problem is coming in this tab ??have you any update regarding this matter??
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    vikaskumar11233
    Hey
    The_Big_K I had heard that in AAKASH is having many issues and lots of problem is coming in this tab ??have you any update regarding this matter??
    What kind of problems users getting ??? Can you give a detailed reply.
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    See K!r@nS!ngu I had gone to the article but the issues were not mention there simply it was that there are some issues and company will be replacing it with new and advance one.
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    All right.... It will be good if you can share the link of the article.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Over 100,000 Aakash are being pre-ordred every day! CEO of DataWind, the makers of Aakash said few hours ago!

Can we have some first hand reviews of the tablet?
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    One more thing government said that we need around 2Crore AAKASH tab.
  • snehamishra1991
    snehamishra1991
    It is good and cheap tablet PC which is best for a student use . I read about this from here #-Link-Snipped-# . You can also follow the link and read more about it.
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    snehamishra1991
    It is good and cheap tablet PC which is best for a student use . I read about this from here #-Link-Snipped-# . You can also follow the link and read more about it.
    We are looking for a personal review of anyone who has used that. If u know anyone using it personally post their exp. views
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    Hey K!r@nS!ngu
    I think is the the most common and hot question being asked by everyone. Every body want to know about this TAB but its need some time to know about this AAKASH.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    snehamishra1991
    Have you bought one?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Apple Siri is your personal voice assistant that understands voice commands and responds very quickly. Take a look at this video demo. Siri is available in iPhone 4S. [video=youtube;L4D4kRbEdJw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4D4kRbEdJw&feature=player_embedded[/video]
REVIEW on Electronics and Communication Engineering Books​
A record number of visitors to MD&M Chicago 2011 were keen to learn about the wide range of benefits lasers can offer the medical industry. As a result, industrial laser...
Hello CEans! Name: Kirti Engineering discipline: Computer science Location: karnataka Occupation: Student Hobbies & Interests: playing games n listening music😀 Aim in life: to change the world with new technology😁...
Wish you a many more happy returns of the day 😀 🎉🎉🎉 How are you gonna celebrate your birthday?