AirTel to Acquire African assets of Kuwait's Zain for $10.7 billion

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

"Further to our announcement dated March 30, 2010 regarding the proposed acquisition of Zain Africa BV, Bharti Airtel Ltd is pleased to report that it has initiated the funds drawdown for the completion of the said transaction," the company said in a statement.

Zain's acquisition is the largest overseas acquisition of assets in Africa by an Indian company, even though it does not cover the assets of Zain in Sudan and Morocco.

Post-acquisition, Bharti will become the world's fifth largest wireless company with operations across 18 countries. Its total customer base will reach over 180 million, including Zain Africa's mobile operations in 15 countries with over 42 million customers.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Airtel Press Release: Bharti Airtel enters into a strategic partnership with Novatium to help expand the broadband market Launches Net PC Plus on Airtel broadband for customers in Chennai -...
Former VP Engineering at both Yahoo and Inktomi, and director of search @ twitter, Dough Cook has left twitter. Twitter has confirmed the departure of Dough Cook. The apparent reason...
"There are many creative and brilliant Ceans out here and I am happy we have them." Many other Ceans who turn to CE look for projects, before going any further,...
Hi! I am Atin Mehra pursuing electrical nd electronics engg from delhi.I want to pursue my career in core electrical field only.I have discussed it with some people from Industry...
hi friends, Do you know the latest news ! Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) have discovered the fifth oil basin at ahemadabad in Gujarat. they found that the oil basin is...