Airtel 4G Coverage To Expand To Mumbai, Chennai and Hyderabad

Airtel became the first ever 4G services provider in India by launching the next generation 4G LTE network in Airtel 4G Launch In Kolkata This Month Confirmed! back in April, 2012. Since then, Airtel's 4G network coverage has expanded to about 20 cities like Airtel 4G is now in Bangalore!, Airtel 4G Pune - Plan Details & Tariff and others and the next ones in the line are Mumbai, Chennai and Hyderabad. According to Airtel to start 4G trial in Chennai; Mumbai and Hyderabad to follow soon | Technology News,The Indian Express, Bharti group owned Airtel will begin trials of the service in Chennai starting today and in Mumbai and Hyderabad by the end of this month.

The 4G services in Chennai will begin on the 1800 MHz band and Airtel seems to have sent invites to some of the bloggers to experience the service and then write about it on their own publications. Airtel has not officially commented on the launch yet. The company's network is expected to launch FDD (Frequency Division Duplex) LTE in Hyderabad followed by TDD (Time Division Duplex) LTE signals in Mumbai in 2300 MHz band.

On the official Airtel website, Airtel's listed Coimbatore and Vellore as the cities that will receive the 4G services soon. You may check the current status of #-Link-Snipped-# on official website.

Airtel-4G-Mumbai-Chennai-Hyderabad

It's no wonder that Airtel's speeding up the expansion of their 4G services all over major Indian cities. Reliance Jio, is expected to begin offering their 4G services in this year itself and it's crucial for Airtel to get hold of as many early adopters it can. Airtel's currently promising 4G plans at the rate of 3G with plans varying from 300 MB for Rs. 100 to Rs. 1500 for 10 GB.

This year is going to be exciting as the big telecom service providers in India begin rolling out their 4G services. If you are from Chennai, Mumbai or Hyderabad and get early access to the service, do share your views, reviews and opinions with us.

Replies

• Wilson S
    Wilson S
    In other countries unlimited = unlimited . Not 10gb or some lies. I dont understand the fact of business for telecom companies.

Our citizens are cheated and advantage is taken by the corporate companies.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Xiaomi has announced a new 10000mAh power bank in China to take on the recent power bank launches from OnePlus and Asus. Priced at about ¥69 (~712 Indian Rupees), the...
Hi everyone, Plz suggest me the good coaching centre for Engineering Service Examination 2016, preferably in south India. Thanks 😀
Quote: There are certainly inventions have completely altered civilization as we know it, and others that have had a significant impact on our daily lives. Then there are inventions that...
Quote: The principle of engineering structures for an earthquake zone is a simple one: ’Earthquakes do not kill people, structures do.” Unsurprisingly, when large earthquakes happen in remote locations the...
hello I am Madhu. I completed my engineering in 2013 and I was placed in Wipro through campus recruitment process. After waiting for almost one year, I got the joining...