Air Pressure in Tyres: Do and Donts

I want to know the following conditions in a elaborate manner
1)what may be the best pressure levels in two wheeler/four wheeler?
2)Do they differ from every other company?
3)Does this air pressure has any impact on friction developed between road and wheels?
4)What can happen if very low pressure or high pressure of air was used?

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    2) When i get my motorcycle tyres inflated at the petrol station, the attendant presses a key on the machine, selects a particular air pressure, and inflates the front wheels of all the vehicles waiting there. once he is done, he selects a different pressure on the machine and inflates the rear wheels of all the vehicles. this shows that it does not really differ with the brand and make of the vehicle, even though there is a chart on the machine, which lists different models of vehicles, and the pressures to be used for them.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    4) if the pressure is low, then it becomes quite difficult to steer the vehicle. also a tyre with low pressure is more prone to get punctured.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Low pressure in your wheels imply high fuel consumption lesser mileage So pls maintain optimum wheel pressure

This is cause of the fact deflated tyres have more area of contact with the surface of the road and this makes it harder to be driven
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Usually on four wheelers the front tires take a little more pressure than the back and that's because the engine is at the front of the car and adds extra weight.

Too high a pressure and you can end up deforming or puncturing your tire.
    Too low a pressure creates more friction between the road and your tire therefore you will have higher fuel consumption and it will become harder to steer. You will also be wearing down your tire.

To get the right pressure refer to the vehicle manual. Different makes may have different recommended pressures. My Nissan takes 30psi in front and 28psi in the back.
    If you tire pressures in the front are unbalanced, e.g. if your have 28 psi in one and 30psi in the other, this creates vibration on the steering wheel.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

India's oldest mediums of broadcast - Doordarshan and All India Radio run by Prasar Bharti under the Government of India, have been fondly cherished over the decades by the young...
hi i am an electrical engineer and i am in my final year. i am very passionate about cars and so i want to join an automobile company. so is...
I have completed my B.E. in Computer Engineering will continue studying to M.Tech. Considering a career in cyber security, there are certain certificate courses that can be undertaken. The one...
- What is cache controller in motherboard? What it does ? How it does ? Why It is needed ? - In Which Language BIOS is coded ? How the...
A lot of geeks have been waiting for this movie to release in this year. The official trailer of the movie is out and it has Ashton Kutcher playing Steve...