Ai - Artificial Intelligence

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE

No No!!! This is not hypocrisy or show off of the knowledge. In the ever growing world with the increase in the technological development we have the concept of Artificial Intelligence catering to the needs of this insatiable world. Let us update our knowledge as we are in the computer era by knowing something about Artificial intelligence (AI).
AI is a field which studies and designs intelligent agents. Now, what are intelligent agents? These are the systems that perceive the environment and take decisions so as to maximize the chances of the objective to be achieved to the maximum possible extent. Precisely, it is the intelligence of the machines and computer science aims to create these type of systems. Now, having known about the system let us take a glance at the history. The term artificial intelligence was first framed by John McCarthy in 1956 at Dartmouth college. Artificial beings and thinking machines appear in Greek Myths dated long back. Stories of these beings seem to contain the same hopes, concerns and fears as presented by the AI.
McCarthy and his students wrote marvelous programmes which stunned the common man. These programes helped computer solve algebraic problems, prove logical theorems and speak English. By 1960, laboratories were established all over the world.

Things AI needs to do:

• Knowledge representation: system needs to have an extensive knowledge about the world so that it can function accordingly. It needs to represent objects, properties, categories, relation between objects, causes and effects etc. Facts should also be known.
• Planning: Must be capable of setting goals and in some way or the other visualize the future. It should be able to make choices to maximize the probability of completing a task.
• Machine Learning: sense of classification is necessary to sort a thing and tell to what it belongs. In some learning systems, the machine is punished for bad response and awarded for good one. This is done in computational learning theory.
• Language processing: it should be capable of reading and comprehending the language used by the humans.
• Social intelligence: must be capable of predicting actions of others by understanding their motives and emotional states. It must atleast appear polite and sensitive to the person with whom it interacts.

For instance we have two students from Teressa school of engineering who have designed a system TO LEARN TO PLAY CHESS USING AI.

😎

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Dude! Can you please explain about that 8 Queen's problem and how to solve it and how it was solved using AI?
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    Praveen-Kumar
    Dude! Can you please explain about that 8 Queen's problem and how to solve it and how it was solved using AI?
    I am not sure whether my post would be valid now after about 2 years, but anyways, this might be helpful for the readers who would face the same difficulty.

First of all, we donot require AI to solve the 8-Queen problem.
    8-Queen problem is easily solved by Backtracking (just as sudoku, and yes, sudoku is not an AI problem.)

for further details, refer this thread.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir my self sawan agrawal i m from raipur and i doing engineering from mit gondia maharastra sir i m not intrested in doing jobs and others i want some...
Could some one help me by sending (Streostat) software to me Best Regards
Two men were standing together when a third man approached. One of the two men greeted the newcomer and when he had left, the man's companion ask, "who was that...
What are common fields of civil and mechanical engineering?😕 I'm a mechanical engineer student and my partner in one of my classes is a civil engineer student and we need...
why in a series clipper diode circuit,during the forward biasing half cycle the voltage across the diode rises according to the input sinosuidal supply whereas in shunt type clipper diode...