Agricultural automation

Hi everyone again,
Please share your ideaas about agriculture automation here.

Few things that i am thinking about are written here :
There will be a mixer tank, which will be used to mix water with fertilizers. A PC with database containing fertilizers requirements of different crops can be provided which will be used to automatically decide the fertilizer quantity while mixing.
The water will be provided according to moisture sensor i/p to microcontroller.

I need some kind of electromechanical volve mechanism so that i can provide irrigation to dried part of farm only.

Your ideas, suggestions and commentsare most welcome.

Thanx.
[HR][/HR]

Replies

• Ayub Khan
    Ayub Khan
    install solenoid valve inside farm..and activating them from micro controller according to your need
  • AmanRana
    AmanRana
    Better use arduino that will give flexibility to work around. more info at
    Farm Geeks: Learning to Love the Circuit Board - Modern Farmer
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like there's a lot of scope here.

Check out the Rice Planter Robot -

It is developed by The National Agriculture and Food Research Organization in Japan.
    The sensors, computer and motor for driving operations are connected with the CAN bus communication standard, and in the future, a consolidated communication protocol will be used to share equipment such as sensors and control equipment with other agricultural robots including tilling and harvesting robots and thereby reduce equipment costs.

We have a video too.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

iOS 5 Beta has been jailbroken! It looks like nothing can really stop the iPhone dev team folks: Dev-Team Blog - redsn0w iOS5beta from breaking everything that Apple engineers produce.
Arid Land, Thirsty Crops: Scientific American
TwoView | Rugged Rack Mount Dual Flip-up LCDs Keyboard Trackball
Eligibility Criteria for SAIL examination is a bachelors degree in one of the following streams: i) Mechanical ii) Electrical iii) Metallurgy iv) Chemical v) Electronics & Telecommunications vi) Instrumentation vii)...
To join Indian Air-Force, you may appear for CDS exam conducted by UPSC. The minimum educational qualification required is a degree (with Physics and Maths at +2 level) or Bachelor...