Agreegating common topics in sticky threads

hi guys
when i was checking out the computer section. i saw few topics were repeated like all the friends are asking for white testing topic,black testing topic.so why not we create a topic on this in which we can get all the information posted their and we can post it at top using stick symbol.
and also in project ideas their are few members who want to know more information about Nanotechnology.we can do the same.this is just my suggestion..do reply with your idea on how to improve it.

Replies

• friendster7
    friendster7
    Re: suggestion?

guys no reply for the above post..??
    so another idea..can we have recent topic as one of the section like who ever post a new reply or post can be seen in this section.it is like new post concept in menu.what do u guys say..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: suggestion?

Friendster7 -

Your idea is nice. Sticky threads do help. However, new members do not search for the existing topics. Even if we make stickies, we'll have a huge number of stickies that will will up first few pages of the section.

Regarding the idea about recent topics - it is scheduled to be implemented in our next upgrade. Members will be able to see the links to the recent discussions on the left column of our portal.
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    what if we divide the thread into 2 parts..one for important topic and other for post..this important topic will have the latest information and sticky topics too.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think you're confusing between 'threads' & 'sections'. A section is a sub-division of the whole forum which accommodates various threads (discussions).

All said, it would be good to implement. But what problem does it solve?
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    what i want to say big_k is inside each section like introduction section for example.we can have the rules in a border in this border we are going to write the important topics..
    and the next is the topic.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I think friendster is on to something. Instead of Sticking frequently asked topics in one section, we just have a dedicated subforum within a section for them? hmm..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    friendster7
    what i want to say big_k is inside each section like introduction section for example.we can have the rules in a border in this border we are going to write the important topics..
    and the next is the topic.
    Oops! Mea Culpa. I didn't understand what you were trying to say. That's a good suggestion, friendster!

I think we can make the Quick Start Guide a sticky in all the sections. Followed by what type of discussion should be posted in that section.

Good one![​IMG]

Point noted, will be worked on soon.
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    this can help u i guess
    #-Link-Snipped-#

[​IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yep, I got your idea.
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    atlast i was able to convey my idea..ha ha ha

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A cockroach will live nine days without its head, before it starves to death. A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out. A pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes. A snail...
Yeah there's no denying with the fact that "Virus Leads & AntiVirus Lags" but but by the time you get a warning from your AntiVirus(after an update) that your PC...
Hi i am a computer science graduate, presently working for an MNC past 1 year(in Oracle APPS). I am interested in doing MBA since my graduation. Can any one suggest...
I need some sample projects for just Reference Can any one give me an idea of what projects shld I do for my BE? Can any one just brief out...
Worlds Largest Passenger Cruise Ship - Royal Caribbean "Freedom of the Seas" M/S Freedom of the Seas is a Royal Caribbean International cruise ship. The world's largest passenger vessel, she...