Aeroplane Query

This may be or would be stupid to ask this. I have seen rockets fly because of the thrust they are giving, which is capable to its flight in a straight manner! 😁 But what is the case with an Aeroplane??? How does it fly?

PS: Is the spelling Aeroplane right? It shows some error in chrome...

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I saw both #-Link-Snipped-# and Aircraft Flight Mechanics but couldn't understand... πŸ˜”
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    See when an aeroplane flies, it has four forces acting on it.
    1.Weight of aeroplane
    2. Lift generated to fly
    3.Thrust to move ahead,
    4. Drag

Basically, it flies by maneuvering its wings.

See this πŸ˜€

[video=youtube;bv3m57u6ViE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv3m57u6ViE[/video]
    Oops... Video blocked!!! πŸ˜” I am in office... πŸ˜”
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    praveenscience
    Oops... Video blocked!!! πŸ˜” I am in office... πŸ˜”
    Aeroplane (Google goes by the American spelling Air plane. I prefer the aeroplane version. There is a Tamil joke: when landing, Aeroplane becomes Irangoplane!)
    These are heavier than air vehicles. As Ishan says, they stay up because of the 'lift' created by the wings. For a given plane with a given all up weight, there is a minimum velocity called stall speed below which the lift is insufficient to keep the plane up. Once this is achieved, the thrust created by the jet engine or by the propeller blowing air backwards keeps the plane moving forward. The pilot adjusts the angle of attack of the wings (actually ailerons at the trailing edge of a portion of the wings) to maintain level flight.
    If you are going to fly any plane based on this info please inform earlier, so that we can take a train.
    Woah!!! πŸ˜€ Train?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    praveenscience
    Woah!!! πŸ˜€ Train?
    I know trains derail. It may be safer to walk (not in Bangalore traffic, Madras was not much better), Trains are now much safer since Mamta 'amma' is busy derailing West Bengal like 'J' may.
  • roopits4me
    roopits4me
    hiiiiiii,
    In case of airplane the forward motion is because of the change momentum of the air entering into the engine of the aircraft.during the journey of the air through the engine it will gain velocity,so that it will have change in momentum.because of that change in momentum thrust will be produced according to newtons second law.To know more refer some books on aircraft propulsion....😁
  • njbhansali12
    njbhansali12
    anybody have Aircraft Design project II??i need for executive jet 10-12 seater a/c..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

RTMNU has hiked the university exam fees. Read full news. πŸ˜” Nagpur University has no qualms about renting out it grounds to private parties for a pittance on the one...
Bins File Size: 5,633 Operating System: Windows 7 lets you pin multiple applications and documents to a single taskbar icon in Windows 7 Click to Download
Google Algorithm has flaws and I've an example to demonstrate it. The news that engadget broke out has been 'copied' (whole text+title) by several websites and all of them appear...
Hi everyone, I'm working to build a tracker which has load = 4 tonnes (evenly distributed mass) radius = 10 m with max tangential speed = 1.029747 m/min min tangential...
IBM yesterday announced a collaboration with The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) in India to create the country’s first smart grid project. Together they will create a cost benefit analysis...