Aeronautical Engineers!

I think we are missing discussion on interesting engineering trades ๐Ÿ˜€. Aeronautical engineers! Come forward and start discussions!

Crook

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    crook
    I think we are missing discussion on interesting engineering trades ๐Ÿ˜€. Aeronautical engineers! Come forward and start discussions!

Crook
    I agree with you, crook. I believe Aeronautical engineers should connect with each other through CE to generate fantastic ideas. How about someone among us writing about Aeronautical engineering & career as an aeronautical engineer?

-The Big K-
  • aashima
    aashima
    That would be great. Very lately I realised my interest in aeronautics. What is it to be a pilot and control the working of the airbus? What actually its engineering all about? Can anybody provide some details?
  • Jerry
    Jerry
    crook

Crook
    aashima
    That would be great. Very lately I realised my interest in aeronautics. What is it to be a pilot and control the working of the airbus? What actually its engineering all about? Can anybody provide some details?
    The_Big_K
    I agree with you, crook. I believe Aeronautical engineers should connect with each other through CE to generate fantastic ideas. How about someone among us writing about Aeronautical engineering & career as an aeronautical engineer?

-The Big K-
    What is our plan for kicking off aeronautical engineering related discussions?

Jerry
  • rosh009
    rosh009
    yeah!true!indeed we are missing an important engineering trade ie.AERONATUICS.
    so,how about a kick off with "your[in general] view of an aeroplane 5 years from now!" and then slowly get into the subject in depth.

today ,the airbus has rolled out its majestic jumbo jet A380,which houses two floors with mind boggling features.
    but in about 5years or so,a plane is going to roll out which is going to house atleast 1000+ people with itz top being transparent for passengers to have a view of the spacious sky!and this is a joint venture of airbus and lockheed martin!
    but this has still got some impediments to overcome like lightning proof top,parking in airports,etc.
    above all the great success of it is its magnificent fuel efficient design[ie. blended wings design] considering the number of passangers it carries.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    hehe, just to bump an old thread. With the Airbus A380 running into production problems, looks like the Boeing 787 Dreamliner is gaining the headlines ๐Ÿ˜‰ Now thats a piece of engineering marvel as well..
    Boeing 787 Dreamliner - Wikipedia

And recently Boeing tested a blended wing prototype that has 3 turbojet engines.. sorta like a wedged shaped plane. Looks interesting ๐Ÿ˜‰ The one their tested was unmanned, and it could be used to transport cargos and such.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • rosh009
    rosh009
    hmm๐Ÿ˜’ indeed the X48B prototype plane of boeing seems to be quite interesting.๐Ÿ˜›
    because of two main factors: 1.the blended body design with no tail wings.
    2. the placing of the 3 turbojet engines.

now first, the blended design with no tail wings.
    blended design: the body of plane merges with the wings unlike the conventional planes having tubular fuselage[body].
    this design in addition with no tail , reduces the drag of the plane drastically and inturn increases the efficiency of the plane.

but the boeing brains have said that [in the link posted by ash] this design is suitable for a military or a cargo plane but unsuitable for commercial airliners. the reason for this being that - in conventional airplane , the centre of gravity doesnot shift too much if the plane is half-filled or fully filled[ie.doesnt shift too much if people are seated in some nook&corner of the plane].
    but in case of this blended design , due to the merging of fuselage with wings, the domain of centre of gravity is very wide [ie.it can relatively shift more when compared to tubular fuselage] . so,if this design is used for commercial airliners , the plane can't work at its best unless it is completely filled . or if scarcly filled , the pilot will have to control the plane very hard during maneuvers in the air.

And secondly, the placing of the 3 turbojet engines.
    this strategic placing of engines has resulted as a partial solution to a very big problem. ie. the noise of the plane.
    due to the placing of the engines at the high on the back of the plane , drastically reduces a great deal of noise inside the plane .

and above all , the X48B is an unmanned aircraft. ie.piloted from someone in the ground station.
    wow!!! now imagine how cool it can be if you maneuver a bomber aircraft in reality by controlling it with your video game joy stick at your home!!!๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • captain_space
    captain_space
    Hello Friendsssssssssss ,
    I Have Recently Join The Community , And Hope It Will Fulfill My Aim To Join It Of Knowing And Gaining Knowledge In The Field Of Aeronautical Engineering.
    I Am From Delhi
  • Curious George
    Curious George
    Can any of you answer my question I posted about calculating thurst with a propeller. How do you do it and how many rpms are necessary per pound of thrust?
  • kings12
    kings12
    hey guys do you Baykonur?
  • JonathanAinsley
    JonathanAinsley
    #-Link-Snipped-#

anyone care to comment on this 7 page project i did
    on the 'principles of flight' theme.
  • sonasathish
    sonasathish
    rosh009
    yeah!true!indeed we are missing an important engineering trade ie.AERONATUICS.
    so,how about a kick off with "your[in general] view of an aeroplane 5 years from now!"
    I think 5 years from now we don use airplanes any more bcoz the aeroscraft is almost ready for us! ๐Ÿ˜

Take a look at this
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • hemant6
    hemant6
    ok sure..................

we will
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    I am now doing Mechanical Engineering Final Year Diplom i also have an idea of taking Mechanical or Aeronautical In B.E mate...
  • imjiant
    imjiant
    A point brought up in this thread has brought to mind something I find most perplexing in this field. I have meet so many AE's who have never flown and far more than I would ever expect who are not even big fans of aircraft. But, sadly, I know so few who are pilots and ac enthusiasts. How many aero CEans are directly related to aviation outside of engineering? I am a pilot as well as an active EAAer (Experimental Aircraft Association) and am involved in various aircraft construction/design projects in my spare time.
  • blacrobous
    blacrobous
    Curious George
    Can any of you answer my question I posted about calculating thurst with a propeller. How do you do it and how many rpms are necessary per pound of thrust?
    that would probably depend on ur gear ratio of the gears you use in the gear box connecting the turbine shaft to ur propeller in a turbo prop.

And there is no particular value that decides these many rpms of propeller would give u req thrust it differs from aircraft weight to hell lot of performance factors. Still if i find a method i will post it soon ๐Ÿ˜
  • arnab.aeroman
    arnab.aeroman
    i'm a student of aeronautics presently in 3rd year of college. well about this subject, quite an interesting one so as to say. it maily has common subjects with mechanical engg and takes inputs here and there from various other fields as well. this industry is presently growing and is expected to rise above all.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Special titles & categories are awarded to the CEans who bring something good to the CE world. Following CEans get the special titles - 1. xHeavenlyx- CEan Techie ๐Ÿ˜€ 2....
Please help me for my final sem. project . Any sugestions,Links, Resources are welcomed. Thank You.
Puzzle 1: Who stole the clock?If Robort was the thief, he was telling the truth, Tommy did not steal but was telling a lie: Scott is innnocent. It meant Scott...
I was just wondering if any of us has tried this email software - IncrediMail. Can we have it reviewed on CE? The good thing about IncrediMail is its 3D...
I Wnt To Know The Diference Between Ac Gronding And Dc Negative Terminal,,,,