Aeromodelling

Those remote controlled aero-models have always been my fascination. I have been dreaming of building an R/C glider myself, but didn't know how ๐Ÿ˜• .

I'd like to know if anyone is into R/C planes.

-The Big K-

Replies

• Jerry
    Jerry
    Hey big k!

I have a Diddlebug with following specifications

Airframe Roles: Indoor Gymnasium

Airframe Construction: Laser Cut Balsa Kit
    Radio: 3ch (R/E/T)
    Wingspan (in.): 24
    Length (in.): 18
    Area (sq."): 95
    Flying Weight (oz.): 2.8
    Wing Loading (oz./sq.'): 4.2
    Power Loading: (W/lb.): 60
    Motor: GWS-LPS-B2C-CS
    Propeller: GWS 7x6SF
    Battery: ETEC 250mAh 7.4v
    Rudder Servo: HE-490
    Elevator Servo: HE-490
    Aileron Servo 1: NA
    Aileron Servo 2: NA

I bought it 3 weeks back but haven't had a chance to fly it. [โ€‹IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    wow

Hey too good man!

I guess you can learn the basics with that model. Do let us know your experiences with Diddlebug ๐Ÿ˜€ !

I have decided that I will not buy it, rather I'll try make one myself ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hope I find some time soon.

-The Big K-
  • Srikanth
    Srikanth
    To Jerry

Tht sounds gud jerry.. am interested to kno few more things frm u.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    So we do have crazy souls who share similar interest. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anyone ? ๐Ÿ˜

-The Big K-
  • james anderson
    james anderson
    me too dude.

James
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • $..Aj..Rules..$
    $..Aj..Rules..$
    I wud like to here more.......!!!!:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
  • shadeslayer
    shadeslayer
    me too...........
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Has anyone here ever built an aeromodel from scratch?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    My friend has. Its quite simple!

Get a brushless DC motor for the propeller, two servos to control each wing pitch, a motor controller, a battery, and a transmitter and receiver. The body can be made out of simple materials. My friend used the thin styrofoam for the body reinforced by tape at the joints. His is modelled as a shape of the stealth fighter, so you can imagine the number of flat surfaces. No need to curve the body like a normal jet fighter.

This is enough for a first try. Later you can strengthen the body with more exotic materials ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    My friend has. Its quite simple!

Get a brushless DC motor for the propeller, two servos to control each wing pitch, a motor controller, a battery, and a transmitter and receiver. The body can be made out of simple materials. My friend used the thin styrofoam for the body reinforced by tape at the joints. His is modelled as a shape of the stealth fighter, so you can imagine the number of flat surfaces. No need to curve the body like a normal jet fighter.

This is enough for a first try. Later you can strengthen the body with more exotic materials ๐Ÿ˜›
    How about having your friend on CE to tell us how to build a model from scratch? ๐Ÿ˜‰

It would be interesting!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Sure thing ๐Ÿ˜€
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    can you show me any videos of building the plane from scratch ash?
  • pdancoba
    pdancoba
    Bleriot xi bl 877

Hi, I am an enthusiast of the scale models, of old models, I present to you this XI BLERIOT Mod: BL-877 of 1911 has an wing span of 225 cm and the warp of the wings is doing for torsion of the wings and not with ailerons, is the same as the original pattern weighs 9,700 kg and it takes a engine MAGNUM 180 of 4 Stroke, is very beautiful to see take off, here I leave you an image if you want to see but you detail and a video of one of its flights can enter in my web:cobashobbies.com and there is you have much but you photograph and details.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Carrying out two workshops3 and 4 to extend a helping hand to crazyboy! These are my favourite techniques.. To multiply any number by 11 simply write the extreme right digit...
Now till now you know the square of the no. having 5 and 0 at their end... Now some other... Square of the no just 1 next to them..(having 0...
Availabot is a physical representation of presence in Instant Messenger applications. Availabot plugs into your computer by USB, stands to attention when your chat buddy comes online, and falls down...
Ever since I was a kid, I've been a big fan of Superman ๐Ÿ˜. All SuperMan fans join in this thread & do post your reviews about recently released SuperMan....
New here thought I should say "hi". I am one year short of a diploma in ME. I like racecars, dynamics, motorcycles, and anything that I can potentail kill myself...