Advice for beginner

Hey everyone, I've come to realize that my true, deep down desire in life is mechanical engineering. I'm wanting to start out by making some small stuff here and there. I'm wondering, where do you guys get your supplies and custom metalic shapes/designs?

Replies

• riseofstars
    riseofstars
    are you a mechanical engineering student?
  • ketan
    ketan
    if you gonna start doin sumthing creative and innovative ,tell me too....
    i will see if i can help or can get some knowledge....
    i am in 3rd year of b.e.(mech) .......
    so anyone who can tell about some project related to i.c.engines.....
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    DeltaCommando5
    Hey everyone, I've come to realize that my true, deep down desire in life is mechanical engineering. I'm wanting to start out by making some small stuff here and there. I'm wondering, where do you guys get your supplies and custom metalic shapes/designs?
    Welcome to CE, DC!

Mechanical engineering? Are you sure? Maybe a search a little deeper you'll see the desire to be an electrical engineer instead? Cause thats much cooler.. *grin*

Believe it or not, your local junkyard is a good place to get supplies of the materials you need. You can do wonders to a discarded bicycle, fan with an intact AC motor, things like that. I'm not sure about where you live, but you can also find workshops that will customize any shapes for you for a small fee as well 😀
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    ash
    Welcome to CE, DC!

Mechanical engineering? Are you sure? Maybe a search a little deeper you'll see the desire to be an electrical engineer instead? Cause thats much cooler.. *grin*
    ahem, ahem...come again

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Let dive deeper into system sleep states S0, S1, S2, S3, S4, S5. Let us understand each state, why it is needed and the pros and cons of each state.
The man who revolutionized the whole personal computing era retired from Microsoft. Watch the video here: Bill Gates: Looking Back, Moving Ahead Good Bye, Bill!
hello everyone, since i am a crazy engineer so i had this crazy doubt that, If we have an insulted container having a gas like say helium(which is close to...
I found the following line in Datasheet of LM2575 "TTL shutdown capability, low power standby mode" Could you please tell me what it means...? Thanks in advance... With Regards, Ganesh
Hello My Dear Friends, This is Ganesh from India. I finished my degree in Instrumentation & Control Engineering at Madurai. Now working in Embedded System field at Bangalore.. Glad to...