Advantages of Proton Beam Writing in Lithography

What is the concept of proton beam writing in lithography for wafer fabrication and what is the main advantage to use it than e- beam lithography ??

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Did you read about the topic on Wikipedia?
    Proton Beam Writing

The advantages listed can be summarised as follows -
    1. Proton beams have deeper penetration than electrons in materials.
    2. Since Proton beams travel in an almost straight path, they make fabrication of 3-D, high aspect ratio structures possible.
    3. Proton beam writing exhibits minimal proximity effects.
    4. Proton beams can displace atoms while traversing material, a feature which minimizes localized damage especially at the end of range.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is the furture of MEMS(Microelectro Mechanical Systems) in India in terms of research and jobs ??
frnz can u suggest me an electrical topic for paper presentation
Sri Lanka has approved the SAARC Satellite Project; which was a crucial requirement for the project to take off and mandatory for registration with International Telecommunication Union (ITU). ISRO now...
Seeing that CE has gained quite a number of mouths going, and more number of members and posts being updated daily, shouldn't the moderators think of making an app for...
Hi All, A very good morning.... My brother is persuing BE mech. They have KPIT to come on campus recruitment. Hunting down the details i found that the students selected...