Aditya-1 Satellite Will Orbit Sun To Study Corona - ISRO

ISRO is preparing to launch 'Aditya-1' satellite in the next 3-4 years. The first ever satellite to the Sun from India was earlier expected to go to the Sun back in 2012-13; but the plan was postponed to 2017-20. The new launch schedule will allow ISRO engineers and scientists to study the solar maxima - an event of intense activity on the Sun that repeats every 11 years. ISRO has also updated the plan to put the satellite in an orbit which would allow for continuous observation of the Sun.

The 200-kg satellite would be put in a halo orbit around the L1 Lagrangian point of the Earth-Sun system. This would get rid of any eclipses so that the observation time is lengthier. ISRO has done studies to conclude that the PSLV-XL launcher would have enough might to take the satellite to its final destination.

Aditya-1-Mission-ISRO-Sun

Aditya-1 will be India's first space based solar coronagraph. The primary objective of the satellite will be to help understand the physical process that heats the solar corona, accelerates the solar winds and produces the Coronal Mass Ejections (CMEs). The government had initially approved a total of Rs. 127.75 crores.

ISRO has short listed the following instrumentation for the project: a visible emission line coronagraph (VELC), Solar ultraviolet imaging telescope, plasma analyser package, Aditya solar wind experiment, Solar low energy x-ray spectrometer and high energy X-ray Spectrometer.

ISRO's been on the mission to conquer the planets and the stars in our galaxy. ISRO got everyone's attention after success of its Mars Orbiter mission and is already in talks with ISS authorities for inclusion in the International Space Station program. We'll keep you posted about all the latest developments on Aditya-1 mission.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Amazing. Go ISRO!
  • Manish kant Prasad
    Manish kant Prasad
    great

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi.. i got a job as a php developer..But i know c# and asp.net. Is the right way to shift the .net side or not. php developer has a bright...
"Which foreign language should I learn from career point of view?" "Which foreign language has the most scope now-a-days?" "Which foreign language can give a boost to my career?" "Which...
Can any one provide me copy of IRC 15 2011.
Hi, I completed my BE in mechanical field. Presently i have also 6 months experience in design field. Job is of 9 Hours. But as it is a small scale...
Hi people this is A. Udaya Bhaskar Im from Hyderabad. I used to work as Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engg. dept. presently I resigned my job to completely concentrate on...