Adaptive Filtering Algorithms for Ultrasonic NDT applications

Hello
I am doing some work with the LMS, NLMS and RLS adaptive algorithms in the applications of ultrasonic NDT, at this stage; i am intending to do experiments to haracterize the behavior the algorithms in filtering and deconvolution contexts, I mean to determine the excess mean-square-error, misadjustment and evaluate tracking behavior.
To do this; I need to experimentally know the ideal filter coefficients for the specific case, my idea is to use the "system identification" application of the adaptive filter to model my ultrasonic signals and get the ideal coefficients then do the experiments and compare the coefficients which I get with those of the model.
The problem:
how to model the ultrasonic signals and noise in system identification contexts? what will be the input signal and what will be the reference one?
the ultrasonic signal is non-stationary, the noise origin is from the materials grain structure which has power close to other reflectors in the material (edges or defects), so the nature of the signal and noise are not covered by the assumptions in most of adaptive filters literature like the stationary signals and Gaussian noise...

The traditional case for system identification uses white Gaussian noise as input signal, I believe this does not apply for my case!

I am using LABVIEW 2009
I hope i was able to present the idea
Your help is highly appreciated

Replies

• msiddeq
    msiddeq
    Hello-
    Any one here can instruct me where I can get help on this?
  • msiddeq
    msiddeq
    I hope that the help is coming 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Those looking for tech specs comparison, here it is: All the top smartphones compared - Source: iPhone 4S vs. the smartphone elite: Galaxy S II, Bionic and Titan -- Engadget...
[TABLE] [TR] [TD="align: center"]iPhone 4S [/TD] [TD="width: 20%, align: center"]iPhone 4 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE] [TR] [TD]Price (on contract)[/TD] [TD="width: 20%, bgcolor: #b3e2c4, align: center"]$199 16GB, $299 32GB, $399 64GB[/TD]...
hi! I was wondering if some experience engineer out there can give some newbs engineer a few interview tips? Thanks EE nano
All CEans, Tomorrow is Vijaya Dasami, the tenth day of Dasara. Traditionally it is the day when any new learning activity is started. There is no religious significance. Persons of...
SAT Test Structure The new version of the SAT test is three hours test with forty-five minutes of time. Section are : Essay Writing - Multiple Choice Improving Sentences Identifying...