Account Points, Trophies & Ratings Are Back!

CEans, we've worked out the account points, trophies and ratings and they should reflect in your accounts now. You will receive alerts for every new trophy that you've earned. The details of the trophies are available here below -

Rating-System-User-Titlesโ€‹

At present, every 'Like' and 'Informative' rating to your post will count as a 'Positive Rating'. The 'like' will continue but we may introduce more 'positive ratings'.

Your questions / doubts / feedback are welcome below.

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    What about the "agree" rating ? does it count as a positive rating ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    zaveri
    What about the "agree" rating ? does it count as a positive rating ?
    Nope, Agree doesn't count as a positive rating. Similarly 'disagree' does not count as a negative one.

We'll revisit the positive and negative ratings in the next few days.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    #-Link-Snipped-# Could u tell me how to increase points as it is showing me as newbie ๐Ÿ˜จ.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    rahul69
    #-Link-Snipped-# Could u tell me how to increase points as it is showing me as newbie ๐Ÿ˜จ.
    Give the system some time. It only processes users who were active in the last 24 hours. Give me a minute and I'll re-run the checks.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Give the system some time. It only processes users who were active in the last 24 hours. Give me a minute and I'll re-run the checks.
    Okies! No Problem..๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    rahul69
    Okies! No Problem..๐Ÿ˜€
    I hope the problem is fixed now.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I hope the problem is fixed now.
    Yes it is !๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CEans, we've worked out the account points, trophies and ratings and they should reflect in your accounts now. You will receive alerts for every new trophy that you've earned. The details of the trophies are available here below -

Rating-System-User-Titlesโ€‹

At present, every 'Like' and 'Informative' rating to your post will count as a 'Positive Rating'. The 'like' will continue but we may introduce more 'positive ratings'.

Your questions / doubts / feedback are welcome below.
    A Quick Question,
    I believe the basis of these titles are total account points, which are again dependent on positive ratings or number of likes.

We have introduced this Like feature not very long back, so old CEan's who are not very frequent like Mayurpathak, Durga, Gohm Sir would end up having less than 100 likes... so do you think it would be right to keep those folks in very starting user titles?

Not trying to spread negative energy, Just a question?

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    When we switched to a new platform, we couldn't import likes. The old users of CE don't have the positive rating count - but they have a big advantage of the the post count. Getting likes is a matter of time and given the jumps - I think everyone stands a fair chance.

So as the old content gets likes, the old members will jump up the higher rank quickly.

CEans who aren't frequent here may not have the benefit of having more likes; but that's how the system's been built. The effort is ongoing - contribute more, useful content and get more likes/ratings and higher user title.

Hint: Starting a new discussion every day is a sure-shot way of getting more likes/ratings.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Can one opt out of being rated and just remain a member?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A.V.Ramani
    Can one opt out of being rated and just remain a member?
    I will look into it. We might just hide the titles from displaying in the profile.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Why agree,informative dont count in our step of achieving next trophies as many gives us a agree and a informative and alert showning that they had rated our post.
    My suggestion: If possible please add "agree" and "informative" along "like"?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Informative is positive rating for you

Agree is used when people tend to tell the same idea which you have used in your post
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Have a look here.
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Have a look here.
    Its OK mam I have already seen this. But had seen somewhere in this site that somebody can change your post's title and remove your comment ( Under power of a trophy). I forget where I had seen so I want to know power of each trophy. What is the power or benefit of a trophy to us.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

WHAT IS THE FUNCTION OF A TURN BUCKLE IN CASE OF FORK MOUNTING TELESCOPE? ARE THE THREAD SIZES ON BOTH SIDES OF A TURN BUCKLE IDENTICAL?
India's 'Solar Man', Santipada GonChaudhury of Bengal Engineering & Science University has submitted research proposal to the Science & Technology Department of government of India to develop a 'Solar Shirt'....
Though the internet is a great source of information, it is like an ocean. If the question is not put properly, we rarely get expected answers. Eric Steven Raymond and...
electrical engineer batch of 2008-2012.still have no job.should join i npti .
hello, when i was working in my lab, i found that water quenched material is more hard then oil quenched material. so can anyone please tell me that why water...