Accenture or SISL, B'lore????Please help me in taking decision...!!!

I am a software engineer with 2 years of experience in software developement. Recently i gave interviews in Accenture and Siemens Information, Bangalore and fortunately got selected in both. Right now i'm serving notice period in my current company. But i'm confused, which one to join. i've just 1 month to decide. Please can anybody help me in taking decision, that which one would be good in Growth perspective. Thanks in advance ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Could you tell us about the role that's being offered to you by these companies?

How do you define "Growth"?

Let's handle the basics first ๐Ÿ˜€ !
  • koli
    koli
    With limited information what you have mentioned i wud choose Accenture primarily after looking at your level of experience (2 years). I feel you will get to learn a lot in Accenture and your CV will look good after couple of years with Accenture as compare to Siemens.

But I think you should provide more details about your profile offered and your desires for next 5 years.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    koli
    With limited information what you have mentioned i wud choose Accenture primarily after looking at your level of experience (2 years). I feel you will get to learn a lot in Accenture and your CV will look good after couple of years with Accenture as compare to Siemens.

But I think you should provide more details about your profile offered and your desires for next 5 years.
    That's what I wanted to say at first. the role currently being offered plays a big role in determining your progress.

Waiting for details.
  • shra1904
    shra1904
    Thanks for ur quick response. Now here is the detail: i am a .Net developer, mainly into programming. both the companies are offering me developer profile. where siemens offerring me a hard-core product developement project, accenture has offered a maintenence cum developement project. if consider the renumeration, accenture is offering better than siemens. Now, since both are giving same kind of work, i've to decide on the basis of company profile, growth and learning prospect. I hope, this gave u a good picture of profile offered by both. Thanks again.
  • koli
    koli
    I am not expert in IT development domain. But I would imagine product development is better option then maintenence of applications created by someone else. In my long stint with IT i have seen people are happier when they work for product companies as compare to maintenence (which aperently becomes routine). I somehow feel that product development experience will give you beter knowladge of product lifecycle which will be good for you in long term.
    At the same time I want to stress that both SISL and accenture wont commit to keep you in a same project forever. In both cases it is more likely that you may be moved to totally different product / project.
    Also between SISL and accenture it is obviously accenture which has more number of project with different verity. Accenture is known globally as compare to SISL.

so, this should be enough for you to decide.
    At the end we can give you gyan, but YOU HAVE TO MAKE THIS DECISION ๐Ÿ˜ right ? Do let us know what you have decided.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You didn't answer my question about what 'growth' is, according to you. This is very important. I'd recommend getting into product development - as you can learn 20,000 different things. So if 'learning' is your focus, product development should be your choice.

Remember that most of the product development companies have a fairly flat hierarchy. So chances are that you won't be put into 'lead' role for next 2 years. Does it matter to you?

Secondly, look for the overall company culture. Current employees are the best ones to comment. Do we have anyone working in Accenture or Siemens on CE?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hi,
    If you have plans of working long in IT industries and seek some kind of R& D work in future,i think go for Siemens Information.Accenture in Bangalore is not having much of work.

Better go through the sites once.
  • adlin
    adlin
    shra1904
    I am a software engineer with 2 years of experience in software developement. Recently i gave interviews in Accenture and Siemens Information, Bangalore and fortunately got selected in both. Right now i'm serving notice period in my current company. But i'm confused, which one to join. i've just 1 month to decide. Please can anybody help me in taking decision, that which one would be good in Growth perspective. Thanks in advance ๐Ÿ˜€
    are you working in accenture now???

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi....can anybody suggest me 1 nice project
What are the best and (economical) sources of energy alternatives to Crude Oil. This is especially needs to be economical so that developing countries like India, APAC can afford to...
I see quite a good talent present on CE. I want to explore the possibility to find solution here. Most roads in monsoon region (Indian subcontinents) damage heavily due to...
I know few things like - Try and find out the real link behind the text heading. example 1 :> visit CNN.com for latest news Click on the cnn link...
Okay, The question might sound stupid, but it helps in site design, modification. Can you all let me know what's the size of your screen? For example, I access CE...