A.C: What is quality factor?

I am an electrical engineering student and want to know what exactly is 'Quality Factor' in A/C circuits. I will appreciate any help from experts on CrazyEngineers.

Replies

• xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Check with your textbook first. It will give you a better and clearer understanding.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#

bioramani
  • mithun singh
    mithun singh
    it shows how much inductance in present in the circuit OR HOW MUCH CIRCUIT IS INDUCTIVE.
    It is the reciprocal of power factor.
    quality factor=inductance/resistance
  • jhnmichle
    jhnmichle
    quality factor? where?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

one friend of mine needs help in changing from dialup to 'always on' connection on her BSNL broadband. For that I need to access the router configuration page to make...
Hey Guys, This is Dhinesh from BITS-Pilani. We have an internship program at our campus where we go to work in projects in corporate companies for 6 months. I need...
I've come to a conclusion that almost every employed person out there in the world is now in a meeting room. At least it seems so. From friends to business...
We have all heard that age old statement, 'Any publicity is good publicity'. This is at least true by what media follows – any mention of your name/brand/company is good...
[video=youtube;pYlwl2wE7UY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYlwl2wE7UY&feature=featured[/video] This video says it all. YouTube Good Work is a unique opportunity for creatives around the world to win a trip to the Cannes Lions International Festival Of Creativity...