AC TO AC converter for induction heating

i really need assistance in this my research. AC TO AC CONVERTER FOR INDUCTION HEATING

Replies

• Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    AC---------------->IGBT----------->converted AC
    | |
    | |
    | Gate Pulse Trigger--------------------------|
    |-------->Step Down 12v Transformer--->IC 741---> Zero Crossing Detector
  • obinnajassy
    obinnajassy
    PLEASE BROTHER, CAN YOU EXPLAIN BETTER, YOU SEEM TO HAVE IDEA ON WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    PWM drives the gate of the IGBT then #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Controlling heating is all about controlling power across coil. So you can control that either by limiting current or simply limiting voltage. Voltage is limited at the output site by varying resistance like old Fan regulators. But then you have to fix the resitance or say inductance to some levels. So when controlling demands fine tuning, you want to control current. How?

You want to 'cut' every cycle of current by some percentage to restrict current. SO you pass the current through a Switch like IGBT. So when should IGBT start allowing your input to be on the output side? At an angle after the new cycle has begun or zero crossing has happened. How IGBT will conduct? With a Gate pulse.

What Kind of Gate Pulse? Better ac pulse, step down to say 30V that can trigger but does not break Gate junction.

So you give Current to one pole of IGBT, limit it's amplitude using a transformer or a fixed inductor and supply it to another IGBT whose output goes to first IGBT. The second one is driven by pulses. Pulse is high when zero crossing appears. So you need a 741 based zero crossing detector.

Zero crossing of what? Of AC. How? By first bring it to operating voltage of 741 with step down transformer.

If you want it easy, AC-> IGBT, same AC line with a Resistor to gate of IGBT. The higher you make resistance, AC is delayed by that much angle ( time) restricting output power.

In a simple term you can look for Dimmers and their circuits for a better understanding

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

how to add the Scroll bar inside the frames and scrolling the controlls into the frame in Vb
hi , i am going to work on an automation project ( Production Line ) to include what i have been studied ( AC - DC - Stepper Motors -...
Hello all, I am an Electrical and Electronics Engineer from Hyderabad. I want to know why is series motor used for speed regulation? I mean, why we don't use shunt...
In the near future, longer-lasting batteries could run on virtually anything sugary, including tree sap or flat soda pop. Scientists say these sweet new batteries could operate three to four...
read more... https://www.gizmag.com/tosy-speaker-robot-dancing-mrobo/24433/