In a ckt. We r giving voltage of 50 Hz as well as 60. then what will be
the resultant frequency.
(a)less than 50 (b)more than 60(c)in between 50 & 60
(d)none.
give reason of your answer

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Based on the ckt you are using SMPS converts the 50 Hz to above 2kHz and operate so be the more specific here my pal
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    please be clear to ask question..
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Nehal Ahmad
    In a ckt. We r giving voltage of 50 Hz as well as 60. then what will be
    the resultant frequency.
    (a)less than 50 (b)more than 60(c)in between 50 & 60
    (d)none.
    give reason of your answer
    there is a problem here can you post the schematic of the ckt I have searched for such a ckt in vain for the past few days

am eager to see that ckt kindly post it
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    A little correction, voltage does not have frequency.

Besides are you talking about the devices that work on dual voltages and frequency which you can use in aisan as well as western country?

If not add more details about the circuit as aaked by above members. Unless you show the components of the circuit we wont be able to answer it.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Voltage response of system is dependant on frequency i get it thanks #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Probably what Nehal is asking about is what would be the resultant frequency if both 50 Hz and 60 Hz voltages are simultaneously applied to a circuit.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The answer is

"NO practical circuit is available to test it out fully "

Been looking for such a ckt for a while except some rectifiers and SMPS based stuff I could not find more
  • krishna c.r.
    krishna c.r.
    When an AC circuit is subjected to a source voltage consisting of a mixture of frequency , the components in that circuit respond to each constituent frequency in a different way. Any reactive component such as a capacitor or an inductor will simultaneously present a unique amount of impedance to each and every frequency present in a circuit. the analysis of such circuits is made relatively easy by applying the Superposition theorem
    BUT....

Because the two
    voltages across each component are at different frequencies
    , we cannot consolidate
    them into a single voltage figure as we could if we were adding together two
    voltages of different amplitude and/or phase angle at the same frequency. Complex number notation give us the ability to represent waveform amplitude (polar magnitude) and phase angle (polar angle), but not frequency.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    the effective frequency of the system can never be 50 hz or 60 hz

as there will be interference of the two Voltage signals
  • krishna c.r.
    krishna c.r.
    check it , for all queries abt the ckt. having two voltage source having diffrnt frequencies....
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    thanks pal that was awesome
  • krishna c.r.
    krishna c.r.
    thanks pal...
  • Nehal Ahmad
    Nehal Ahmad
    Actully the circuit is not given by examiner it asked in viva.. i agree with Mr.Krishna... what i am think that circuit will not have any effective frequncy..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

wat is the main difference b/w robotics and automation ??????
Ways To Manage R Own Created E-Waste - I wish some detailed information on this topic. I wish to know how can E waste be managed?
Hi, Here i have done the project , which interface the Micro controller with Blender 3D engine. Using this project you can Control the 3D object in Blender with the...
I m in 2nd year CSE... plz tell me how to start preparing to get into PEC chandigarh. how to clear GATE? what can i do at this stage to...
plz post me some ppt's about the topic OLED technology