Absolute Zero: The minidrafter evolution!

Every engineer has used a mini-drafter for engineering drawing. Here's Absolute Zero's comic twist to the evolution of mini-drafter.
Minidrafter Evolution

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I protest. My minidrafter is in regular use.
    I use solar powered (non working) calculators, a pair of surgical scissors (I am a BME), which is used for making paper models of whatever I am designing and various appliance components as paper weights.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    "Wow.. Posh Guy" ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I sold off mine after first year. Guess salesmanship was always on my mind. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    My Omega still adorns my table for a major portion of the day! ๐Ÿ˜Ž And trading it is out of question- too much of personal stuff scribbled over it! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Is Omega still the brand that rules? #GoodOl'Days
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    I sold off mine after first year. Guess salesmanship was always on my mind. ๐Ÿ˜
    And I never Purchased it ! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I owe my minidrafter very much. That drawing was the only subject I got the highest ever marks in engineering. Also it was useful for me in my later years, the reasons best known to me.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I had Omega too and donated to juniors, since I also got it donated by my seniors .๐Ÿ˜
    This minidrafter reminds me TOPOLOGY in final exam days of engineer drawing. some guys use a large glass and table lamp to copy the whole sheet from others. (Don't ask me how they do it.๐Ÿ˜ )
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    ianoop
    I had Omega too and donated to juniors, since I also got it donated by my seniors .๐Ÿ˜
    This minidrafter reminds me TOPOLOGY in final exam days of engineer drawing. some guys use a large glass and table lamp to copy the whole sheet from others. (Don't ask me how they do it.๐Ÿ˜ )
    I used to spend hours making a drawing only to have it copied in minutes by class mates. They used to use a pin to mark ends of lines Depending on the number of copies, mine were the most tired, pin pricked drawings.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I got it from some one at the time of exams, I had a very good friend of mine in my first year, she used to do all copies for me ๐Ÿ˜€
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    I had to use my drafter upto the third year, in the dynamics of machinery, paper.

I bet all mechanical guys have the same story to say.

This comic though funny is only for the circuit branch guys.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    The_Big_K
    now it is GRAPHIX. A much expensive version is from Camlin.
  • clZazy
    clZazy
    The_Big_K
    Omega rules \m/. I also used Omega in my first year not very recently though(2008-09).

I still remember, during my first semester when I was going home for the holidays before exams, I was so excited to show my DRAFTER to my sister and brother. although I never practiced with it the whole time and was cleaning the dust off from it at last ๐Ÿ˜
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    English-Scared
    I got it from some one at the time of exams, I had a very good friend of mine in my first year, she used to do all copies for me ๐Ÿ˜€
    the same case her my pal all the plates i finished where her handi work nice little chap
  • Indrajeet Roy
    Indrajeet Roy
    Reminds me of my first year. I used to be the one making all the drawings, spending hours on them, then got paid by others to make theirs!! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Miri
    Miri
    We all use T-scale now...instead of mini drafter. One of my friend brought one drafter. we were like cooooool and the teachers were like... what! why did u bring drafter for? bring T-scale next day!๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

I really miss this series!ย ?ย 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi I'm Vignesh Kamal.S , I've an idea of presenting a CAM Less 4 stroke engine as my final year project. i've some confusion on how to prepare a CAM...
i want to drive ov7670+al422b with pic18 and send image online and store in micro_sd .please help me...๐Ÿ˜ญ
US is the country of travellers. Per an Survey released today, by AAA (a leading federation of auto clubs which sell vacations, insurance, Road side assistance and lobby on behalf...
i am the final year student .i am electronics and instrumentation student.
Hi i have done my b.tech from shaheed bhagat singh state technical campus ferozepur in ECE. now i have started m.tech from the same institute.............. Hope for the best in...