ABS in two wheelers?

hi friends,
i dont know why there is no antilock breaking system(ABS) in two wheelers. send me ur suggestions.

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Actually there are many bikes with ABS. BMW & Suzuki are just two manufactures that offer ABS on models. Next in the near future will be a form of traction control which is currently used on race bikes.
  • vino2vino
    vino2vino
    wat abt commercial vehicles?
  • gohm
    gohm
    Can you explain what you mean? To me commercial vehicles= trucks, vans etc. If you mean mass produced bikes, then yes that is what I was referring to. ABS is becoming quite common on many motorcycles.
  • Pechu
    Pechu
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its a low-cost Anti-Lock Braking System for front discs as powerful bikes are always a tricky affair to handle. While proficient riders modulate the hydraulic pressure effectively to handle emergencies, without locking the brakes, the case is not the same with their inexperienced counterparts. Squeezing the front brake lever is usually a common reaction by the not-so-honed rider in case of a predicament. The brake pads cling on to the discs, full force, locking the system, the front tyre slides, loses grip, the rider loses control, lands into a mess, and usually doesn’t come out of it without an injury.

Anti-lock-braking systems prevent the brakes from locking up, providing the rider more control in case of an emergency. The system allows the wheel to turn even when the brakes are slammed completely, lending the bike manoeuverability even in panic situations. However, being very expensive and complicated, it’s not a viable option to install a proper ABS on bikes. Especially in a market like India where the economies of cost are the primary drivers for sales and even disc brakes are considered a luxury, it’s a very far fetched dream to think of installing such a system for the sake of biker safety.

Source : xBhp.com - India's biggest motorcycling platform!

I had read in "Economic Times" newspaper in the section "Business of Brands" that TVS will launch 2 new bikes in the performance segment. One of them will be a 180cc version, another a 200cc version. Both were to have ABS.

RTR180 has been launched and it doesn't have ABS, the reason given by TVS that the cost would go up too much. The 200cc is still not seen till now and TVS has kept quiet about it till now.

TVS will be the first company in India (I think even globally for bikes less than 600cc) to have ABS. The ABS for TVS bikes was developed together by TVS & an Austrian company.

Until then, no bikes in INDIA has ABS for the moment. 😔

Check this Video ---> ABS vs. No ABS - YouTube
    In this video you can understand the bottom line difference between two motorcycles with and without ABS each. Courtesy of Honda.
  • kula
    kula
    Pechu
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its a low-cost Anti-Lock Braking System for front discs as powerful bikes are always a tricky affair to handle. While proficient riders modulate the hydraulic pressure effectively to handle emergencies, without locking the brakes, the case is not the same with their inexperienced counterparts. Squeezing the front brake lever is usually a common reaction by the not-so-honed rider in case of a predicament. The brake pads cling on to the discs, full force, locking the system, the front tyre slides, loses grip, the rider loses control, lands into a mess, and usually doesn’t come out of it without an injury.

Anti-lock-braking systems prevent the brakes from locking up, providing the rider more control in case of an emergency. The system allows the wheel to turn even when the brakes are slammed completely, lending the bike manoeuverability even in panic situations. However, being very expensive and complicated, it’s not a viable option to install a proper ABS on bikes. Especially in a market like India where the economies of cost are the primary drivers for sales and even disc brakes are considered a luxury, it’s a very far fetched dream to think of installing such a system for the sake of biker safety.

Source : xBhp.com - India's biggest motorcycling platform!

I had read in "Economic Times" newspaper in the section "Business of Brands" that TVS will launch 2 new bikes in the performance segment. One of them will be a 180cc version, another a 200cc version. Both were to have ABS.

RTR180 has been launched and it doesn't have ABS, the reason given by TVS that the cost would go up too much. The 200cc is still not seen till now and TVS has kept quiet about it till now.

TVS will be the first company in India (I think even globally for bikes less than 600cc) to have ABS. The ABS for TVS bikes was developed together by TVS & an Austrian company.

Until then, no bikes in INDIA has ABS for the moment. 😔

Check this Video ---> ABS vs. No ABS - YouTube
    In this video you can understand the bottom line difference between two motorcycles with and without ABS each. Courtesy of Honda.

Hey hey can u help me regarding the above said topic ... i am going to develop a real time project of the technology and implement in my two wheeler. ... so reply soon

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sir / Madam, My question is Find the output for the following code #define one 0 #ifdef one printf("one is defined "); #ifndef one printf("one is not defined "); Advance...
I wish to know if I can use a voltage stabiliser instead of UPS for my computer? Will it create any problems? Let me know the difference between the two.
Hello, I want to study the function of coffee machine. can help me to draw the electronic circuit of an expresso coffee machine, Which are electronic components to be used...
Google's share of the search-engine market continued to grow in November as both Yahoo's and Bing's shrank, according to numbers released Wednesday by Experian Hitwise. See the market share of...
hi all, I am a 2009 graduate in computer science and i am searching for a job. Since i have an aggregate less than 60% i found that getting a...