About relationship between bandwidth of transmitter and reciever in antenna theory..

I wanted to know why b.w. of transmitter is more?
I read it from my text buk according to which transmitter's bandwidth is greater. But then this would result in information loss...as when the infrmatn travels through the channel some noise also gets added to it and due to lesser bandwidth of receiver, it may not receive whole informatn....in that case i think receiver should have greater b.w.
Please it would be a great help if anyone could make these concepts clear to me.

Replies

• Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    look..through broader bandwidth, we can send more no. of channels at a single time ...thats why transmitter bw is kept higher..while in recieving case, only particular frequency is recieved...we dont want any kind of noise or distortion at the recieving end..so recieving bw is kept lower so that only that frequency can be recieved...
  • Mitali Shukla
    Mitali Shukla
    Ok...i m clear about greater bw of tr. now....but i dint get one thing that when the informatn get mixed with noise does it get distorted.?..and if yes then due to lesser bw of receiver it wud result in informatn loss....why cant we have greatr bw of receivr n use band pass filtr to remove the noise? Informtn loss wil also b not there...
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Mitali Shukla
    Ok...i m clear about greater bw of tr. now....but i dint get one thing that when the informatn get mixed with noise does it get distorted.?..and if yes then due to lesser bw of receiver it wud result in informatn loss....why cant we have greatr bw of receivr n use band pass filtr to remove the noise? Informtn loss wil also b not there...
    Bandwidth is a costly asset. The signal distortion level is generally under tolerable limits & its cheaper to recover sufficient information.

The higher bandwidths are only used where security is the concern. In such cases the Spread Spectrum Techniques like Frequency hopping is used. CDMA is another example.
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    Mitali Shukla
    listen...have u ever listen radio...sometimes it gets disturbed..all is due to unwanted noise...
    of course it get distorted..adding of two signals will result in another new one..which wont be the required one...ie., original...
    the bw of reciever is fixed ie., it allows only wnted frequency...so if u extend the range of that frequency the unwanted frequency will also come in the form of noise..isnt it??...there will be no info loss...
    adding a band paas filter will increase the cost uselessly...it should be economic... 😀
  • Mitali Shukla
    Mitali Shukla
    [Prototype]
    Bandwidth is a costly asset. The signal distortion level is generally under tolerable limits & its cheaper to recover sufficient information.

The higher bandwidths are only used where security is the concern. In such cases the Spread Spectrum Techniques like Frequency hopping is used. CDMA is another example.
    ok i got it ...thanks a lot😀
  • Mitali Shukla
    Mitali Shukla
    naman2511
    listen...have u ever listen radio...sometimes it gets disturbed..all is due to unwanted noise...
    of course it get distorted..adding of two signals will result in another new one..which wont be the required one...ie., original...
    the bw of reciever is fixed ie., it allows only wnted frequency...so if u extend the range of that frequency the unwanted frequency will also come in the form of noise..isnt it??...there will be no info loss...
    adding a band paas filter will increase the cost uselessly...it should be economic... 😀
    ya very true....thanks for help😀
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    my pleasure

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm naveen from hyderabad completed my B.tech in Electonics stream and i got seat in C-DAC
hiii ....i got pg-ditiss in c-dac bnglr . help me to know more about it...😀
The major problem with cancer is that it spreads throughout the body of the patient. If the problem was confined to a single organ, it would have been much easier...
Hi I hav a great doubt about the difference between normal dial gauge and type 1, type 2 dial gauge can anyone explain me
try to give me answer of this question from these option with reason... Two gases at different temprature and pressure are mixed together then the process will be.. 1.constant internal...